IMPORTANCE OF NATIONAL CRIME RECORDS BUREAU(NCRB)
About Author: Abhishek Wadhwa, 2nd Year, LLB, LLC Greater Noida
National Crime Records Bureau is an organisation governed by or is under the jurisdiction of Government of India. It was framed on 11th March, 1986. Main function of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) is to empower Indian police with information technology. It provides police and such organisation with information or records of criminals by recording their finger prints. It is a vital department for national safety.
At the time of incorporation of NCRB that is on 11th March 1986 few objectives were set-
- To keep various records of crimes and criminals including those operating at national and international level as well so as to assist the police and other investigators.
- To store and coordinate information of inter-state and international criminals from respective states and national investigating agencies without referring to the police station records.
- To collect and process the statistics of the crime and criminals at the national level.
- To receive and supply information about crime and criminals to penal and correctional agencies for their task of rehabilitation of criminals, their remand, parole and premature release.
- To guide the functioning of the state crime record bureaux.
- Provide training to the individuals selected by the crime record bureaux.
- To evaluate and develop crime record bureaux.
- To play the role of the National storehouse of fingerprint records of the convicted persons including those of foreign criminals also.
- To assist police and other investigating agencies in finding the criminals by the help of fingerprint search.
- To advice central and state government on the matters related to the fingerprint search, and to conduct training for the fingerprint experts.
Role of NATIONAL CRIME RECORD BUREAU in curbing lligence the crime-
- National Crime Record Bureau empowers Indian Police and other investigating agencies of the country with information technology and criminal intelligence to enable them to effectively control the crimes happening and to control and arrest the criminals within the guidelines of law more efficiently and quickly, which else would have been very cumbersome task for the police and other agencies.
- Control over crime can be achieved through coordination between police forces at National and International level, upgradation of crime analysis technology and developing information technology capacity. National Crime Record Bureau stores information about the criminals and share it with the police agencies to find the suspects and to arrest them. NCRB mainly assists the police force around the country with its technological support system.
- National Crime Record Bureau stores information about the criminals like their fingerprints, past criminal records and their personal information also. NCRB also records the number and type of criminal cases in each and every state and gives such information to the police and other investigating departments to cut down such activities and take appropriate steps.
Thus after reading about National Crime Record Bureau it is clear that it is vital organization for the safety of citizen of India as it assists Indian police and other investigating agencies in arresting criminals and stopping such criminal activities which disturbs the safety of the state. We can also say that NCRB is the IT department of the Indian police as it helps the police force with all the forensic technologies in curbing the crime. NCRB is responsible for collecting and analyzing the crime data and give the processed information to the police and other investigating agencies.
For NCRB Website, click HERE
This Article was prepared or accomplished by Abhishek Wadhwa in in his personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the LawOF.in
The Contents of this Website are informative only and for the benefit of the general public. Even though every care has been taken to ensure the correctness of information and procedure, the www.lawof.in is not responsible for any inadvertent errors and the same may please be brought to the notice through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The LawOF do not own any responsibility for the views expressed by the Author in the Article and for the errors, if any, in the information contained in the LawOF and the author shall be solely responsible for the same.