Case Summary Writing Competition
by Juscholars [Cash Prizes]:
Register by April 3
Juscholars is a student-edited, peer-reviewed, completely open-access law blog to reiterate the importance and multi-disciplinary approach of law. The blog is aimed to foster legal research by providing a platform to encourage the original and unpublished work of authors.
About the competition
Juscholars is conducting a Case Summary Writing Competition. This competition is meant to encourage the writing skills of the students and honour the best writers through a certificate and recognition.
The competition is open to all students across India. (Not restricted to law students).
The participant can select any case law to prepare a summary.
Top 2 winners– Rs 500 cash prize + Certificate of merit + Free blog publication
Next top 10 winners– Certificate of Appreciation + Free blog publication
All participants shall be given a certificate of participation.
Guidelines for Contributions
- All summaries must be submitted in English Language only.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- All submissions shall be made to [email protected]
- Details of the author(s) shall be provided in the body of the email.
- Guidelines for Writing Case Summaries/brief:
- Mention the proper case title and the citation.
- Name of the Court, Name of the judges and the Parties.
- Brief facts
- Important arguments (from both parties)
- Present Status of the Judgment (whether still applicable or over-ruled)
- Conclusion, if any
- The last date for:
- Registration: 3 April 2020
- Submission: 10 April 2020
- Date of Declaration of Results: By the end of the 3rd week of April
Rs. 150 and in case of co-author: Rs. 250
After the payment, all the participant(s) must share the payment details (Transaction Id or Transaction screenshot) along with following details to [email protected] with subject, “Case Summary Writing Competition- Registration”
- Year of study
- Institutional Affiliation
- Contact Info (Phone number and email address)
- Payment details
Bank account details
- Account name: Aishwarya Agrawal
- Account number: 39213019489
- Bank: State Bank of India
- IFSC Code: SBIN0004286
For any other preferred mode of payment, drop a mail regarding the same at [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]