Vacancy for Law Clerk cum Research Assistant @ High Court of Karnataka, Bangaluru
For your kind reference, short details of the program are as follows:
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Applications are invited from interested candidates for appointment to 26 posts of Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants on the following terms and conditions:
1) The Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants will be attached to the Hon’ble Judges of the High Court of Karnataka and he / she will assist the Hon’ble Judge not only in the Judicial work but also in the administrative work.
2) The duties and responsibilities of a Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant are:
(i) Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes and chronology of events;
(ii) Identifying facts and issues and questions that may arise or may have to be addressed; (iii) Presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations;
(iv) Research work on case law, books and articles for the purpose of assisting the Hon’ble Judge in the preparation of judgments; and
(v) Assisting the Hon’ble Judge to prepare speeches and academic papers.
3) The Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will have free access to the Court Room and Library and also to all materials including Computers and Internet. If necessary, he / she will be allowed access to the chamber of the Hon’ble Judge, with the permission of the respective Hon’ble Judge.
4) The assignment will be from the date of appointment till 31.01.2018, which will be subject to extension. During the period of assignment the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will be paid a monthly honorarium of Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only).
5) The assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant is a full-time one and during the assignment, the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will not be entitled to practice as a Lawyer or to take up any other employment. He / she is liable to maintain confidentiality at all times.
6) After the conclusion of the assignment, the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant attached to a particular Hon’ble Judge will not be entitled to appear before that Hon’ble Judge for a period of one year during the practice. He / she will not be entitled to appear in any case handled by the Hon’ble Judge to whom he/she was attached, regardless of whether he /she had worked on that case.
7) Only on satisfactory completion of the assignment, the Law Clerk-cumResearch Assistant will be entitled to a Certificate to be issued by the High Court of Karnataka certifying that he / she has satisfactorily completed the assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant in the High Court of Karnataka. The assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will not confer any right or preference for any employment in the High Court or the Government.
Only those who have taken a recognized Degree in Law with a minimum of 50% marks, after undergoing a regular course and who have enrolled as an Advocate with the Karnataka State Bar Council on or after 01.01.2014 and who shall not have completed the age of 30 years as on the last date of application are eligible to apply. Applications of ineligible candidates will be summarily rejected without any notice.
NOTE:- Those who have attended the viva-voce conducted by this Hon’ble Court on 19th and 30th August 2016 for selection to the said posts and not selected are not eligible to apply.
Method of Selection:
A Committee of Hon’ble Judges constituted by Hon’ble the Chief Justice will select the candidates on the basis of academic record, achievements in co-curricular activities and performance in the interview. If there are large number of applicants, candidates will be short-listed for interview on the basis of academic record and achievements in co-curricular activities.
Last date for submission of application:
Applications along with the relevant self attested documents should reach the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru on or before 5.00 PM of 30.11.2016. Applications received thereafter will not be considered. The cover containing the application shall be super scribed as:
“Application for Appointment of Law Clerk – cum – Research Assistants”
BY ORDER OF HON’BLE THE CHIEF JUSTICE,
(JOHN MICHAEL CUNHA) REGISTRAR GENERAL HIGH COURT OF KARNATAKA BENGALURU.
LawOF does not claim any responsibility for the above mentioned Event/Program. We thus request you to verify its credentials on your sole responsibility, before applying for it.
The Contents of this Website are informative only and for the benefit of the general public. Even though every care has been taken to ensure the correctness of information and procedure, the www.lawof.in is not responsible for any inadvertent errors and the same may please be brought to the notice through e-mail: email@example.com