In collaboration with
THE SOCIETY FOR UPLIFTMENT OF MASSES (SUM)
An NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the
Invites applications for
Research Internship Programme
From June 15, 2019 to July 14, 2019
Deadline: June 7, 2019
Please note the following details and apply well in time
|Eligibility||Students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, Ph D or any other higher education programme in any discipline from recognised institutions in India|
|Last date for receipt of complete application in prescribed format||June 7, 2019
|Finalisation of selection process and communication to applicants
|June 9-14, 2019
|Date of Induction Programme in Delhi
|June 15, 2019|
|Period of Internship||June 15, 2019 to July 14, 2019|
|Date of final submission of Study Report, duly approved by Mentors, along with Completion & Evaluation Report, based on completion of all assignments||July 14, 2019
|Location of the programme
|Nil; Totally free
Application Form & Guidelines are given below.
About Consumers India
Consumers India is an intellectually strong organization comprising senior officers of Government of India (generally retired), doctors, engineers, academics and others, who have joined hands to use their knowledge and experience for the well being of consumers.
The organization was registered on 18.05.2007 under Societies Registration Act, 1860. It is also registered under Sections 12A read with section 12AA and 80 G (5) (vi) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
Consumers India has taken up several important campaigns with a view to safeguard interests of large number of consumers. Some of them relate to ‘Unethical Medical Practices’, ‘Misleading Ads’, ‘Ageing with Dignity’, ‘Access to Affordable Medicines’, ‘Right to Information’, ‘Justice for all…Just Now’, ‘I am a city changer’, ‘Junk the junk food’ etc.
Catalyzing the energy of youth through Internship Programme and All-India Painting/Slogan/On-line Photography Contests etc has been a major milestone achieved by Consumers India.
Further details may be seen on CLICK HERE
About Internship Programme
‘Internship’ programme was launched by Consumers India for students pursuing higher education on 15th September, 2012 and twenty seven batches have since been held successfully. Interns enrolled in these batches have studied important consumer issues under the able guidance of experienced mentors. Several issues, highlighted by interns in their studies, have been taken up with the concerned authorities at the highest level. Details of studies undertaken by interns so far may be seen on the following link: CLICK HERE
Profile of Mentors can be seen on CLICK HERE
Those interested in joining this programme may note the above schedule and email their application in prescribed form (word format) , which is given below at the earliest, well within the prescribed deadline, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those who had sent their application for internship earlier are required to apply afresh for enrolment in this batch.
Guidelines for Internship with Consumers India
- Students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, Ph D or any other higher education programme in any discipline from recognised institutions in India, having interest in human rights and consumer issues, are eligible for internship.
- Interested candidates are required to fill up prescribed form with complete and correct details. They are also required to give reference of at least one faculty member from their institution.
- Their suitability for internship with Consumers India will be adjudged on the basis of their application. They will be inducted into internship if found suitable.
- Internship Location is New Delhi.
- No stipend is paid to interns by Consumers India. Similarly no reimbursement of expenditure incurred on travel etc is made by Consumers India.
- Consumers India is not responsible for any arrangements for stay etc for outstation candidates.
- Induction Programme of half a day duration will be organised at the start of the Internship Batch. After the induction process is over, the intern will be assigned a project/study to be completed by a group of 3-4 interns during the period of internship. The subject of this project/study would be decided in consultation with the intern and will be commensurate with her/his age, education and area of interest. It is mandatory to participate in Induction Programme.
- The progress of the assignment would be monitored on weekly basis. The interns would be expected to come for face-to face interaction with mentors at least once a week.
- Interns would be expected to follow the time schedule assigned for each activity and submit their Study Report, duly approved by Mentor well in time. They will also submit Completion and Evaluation Report in prescribed format.
- In addition to above, Interns would be expected to take up some individual activities and voluntary assignments given by Consumers India and raise awareness regarding concerns and activities of Consumers India as per guidelines provided from time to time.
- After successful completion of all assignments, Internship Certificate will be given to the Intern by Consumers India.
- After evaluation by experts, the products emanating from this internship assignments may be utilised for awareness and advocacy campaigns of Consumers India and SUM.
For More Information
Dr (Mrs)Jayashree Gupta, President, Consumers India
& Chairperson, Human Rights Group,
E 7/16, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi 110057
E mail : email@example.com
For Registration Form, CLICK HERE