4 DAYS ORIENTATION COURSE IN SOCIAL SCIENCES RESEARCH SPONCERED BY ICSSR@ Centre fo Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
(16 JULY – 19 JULY, 2019)
LAST DATE TO APPLY 18TH JUNE
ABOUT CENTRE FOR SOCIAL STUDIES, SURAT
Centre for Social Studies, Surat (CSS) is an autonomous social science research institute. With a focus on understanding processes of development, CSS is dedicated to the study of Indian society with a firm belief that this can contribute to the social transformation. Founded by late Professor I.P. Desai in 1969 as the Centre for Regional Development Studies, CSS receives financial support from the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR, Government of India) and the Government of Gujarat. A multidisciplinary institute, CSS formulates ideas, undertakes empirical studies, theorizes and disseminates knowledge through training and publications in vernacular and English languages.
ABOUT SOCIAL SCIENCES RESEARCH
Any of the Social Science discipline gets enriched with persistent research endeavours on various themes. And social science researcher has to be wellequipped and must have command over various aspects and tools of research. A research endeavour comprises of two components: A component consisting of well-defined and well-crafted concepts, theoretical formulations, research questions, and objectives pertaining to the study; and the second component of methodology for operationalization stage pertaining to data collection, data analysis and final output in the form of report or write-up.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ORIENTATION COURSE
1. To orient the participants about role of social science research in developing societies.
2. To acquaint them on philosophical and theoretical dimensions of social science research. 3. To familiarise the participants with different types of data sources and ways and means of accessing them.
4. To deliberate on the aspects of formulating research questions and objectives, setting research design and other components of research proposal.
5. To equip the participants with various research methods and techniques of data collection and data-analysis and interpretation.
6. On giving final shape of research output in the form of research report/thesis/monograph.
(1) Theoretical Issues and Philosophical Schools;
(2) Types of Research and Research Design;
(3) Types of Data, Methods and Tools of Data Collection;
(4) Statistical techniques and data analysis using SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) package;
(5) Various Methods of Qualitative Research;
(6) Writing Report, Research Paper and Monograph.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
The applicants should preferably belong to SCs/STs/Other Marginalized groups. They should be working on their M.Phil/Ph.D/Post-Doctoral thesis or planning to carry out a research. Those who are working as faculty members in any of the social science department of colleges and postgraduate departments of universities and research institutes can also participate
As per ICSSR rules the selected participants will get to and fro second-class travel expenses besides being provided local hospitality
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their application to the coordinator along with duly filled up Application – form (FOR APPLICATION FORM CLICK HERE) so as to reach us latest by June 18, 2019.
Intimation pertaining to selection of applicant will reach the participants by 21 June, 2019. Candidates are expected to submit a brief note of about 1000 words, delineating research questions, methodology and details on their on-going research and its current phase
Last date of receiving of application is 18 june,2019
FOR MORE DETAILS CONTACT
VIMAL TRIVEDI (Course Director)
Mobile no. 9173712391
FOR OFFICIAL BROCHURE CLICK HERE