@ Indian Road Safety Campaign (IRSC), Delhi
: Apply Now
ABOUT THE ORGANISER
Indian Road Safety Campaign (IRSC), Solve is the largest youth-led organization in India, with its base in IIT Delhi. It has a presence in over 50 cities and is working with help of 2500+ youth with college chapters in premier IITs, NITs, DU colleges, AIIMS, and law colleges across India, being led by the IIT Delhi chapter.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
- IRSC wants to organise law camps which will be run by college chapters. IRSC requires national coordinator and sub-coordinator for these camps. The students will be part of the team.
- The coordinators will regulate and monitor these camps.
- Law Camps will serve legal aid, through human resource, knowledge resource, & infrastructural resource, to those who need it the most, purely on a pro-bono basis.
ISSUES WHICH MAY BE COVERED IN A LAW CAMP ARE
- Protection to good Samaritans/Bystanders.
- Educating them with the legal procedures to be followed and fines on law violators by video demonstrations.
- Providing free legal advice to victims
- Providing awareness of Proper lane etiquette, Use of cell phones during driving, Caution at night, Overloading, Safety tips for Pedestrians, road safety signs etc.
- Awareness about offences and punishments under the Motor Vehicle Act.
- Launching various schemes and programmes like Scheme for compensation to road accidents victims, etc.
- Organizing road safety rally
- Briefing the people about their certain rights like: Right to Information, First information report(FIR), Equality before the law under article 14 of the Constitution of India, etc.
The camps will be organized on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays or on working days. The duration of the camp shall be of 4-6 hours.
NUMBER OF INTERNS REQUIRED
This internship will be a fieldwork internship in Delhi where students will work at camps set by the team outside hospitals, district courts, police stations, etc.
WHO CAN APPLY
Students in the 3-year law course or students in 5-year integrated law course or pursuing LLM or Law graduates.
This will be an unpaid internship.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
3 months internship
An Internship Certificate will be provided to the interns only upon successful completion of the Internship.
Interested candidates can send their application to [email protected]
The subject of the email shall be “Application for law camps”. Any application not meeting the eligibility criteria or in the prescribed format will be summarily deleted.
For any query contact 9871901493.