Call for Paper
:CARIP NLUJAA Journal on Intellectual Property Rights
[Vol 2019-20, Issue 1]:
Submit by Aug 5
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009).
Intellectual creativity and innovation is a continuous process. The IP law is a global phenomenon in the 21st century which gets enrichment from IP protection and recognition.
The North East region of India is the unexplored virgin territory in terms of IP driven research and policy endeavours of the Government, private sectors, NGOs, think tanks etc. be it at the National or the International level. NLU, Assam which is the lone premier law school at the heart of the seven North Eastern States can become the focal centre for IP related activities.
North East region is the hotspot of biological diversity and well known for its indigenous traditional knowledge.
Since the ministry of commerce has selected NLUJA Assam for establishing IPR chair, CARIP will act as a sister organisation and work in coordination with IPR chair.
Call for papers
Centre for Advanced Research on Intellectual Property Rights, National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam, hereby invites articles/research papers, case studies, and book reviews on the contemporary topics of Intellectual Property Rights for publication in the 1st Issue of the CARIP- NLUJAA Journal on Intellectual Property Rights for its 2019-2020 volume.
The Journal on Intellectual Property Rights is a peer-reviewed ISSN serial journal published by the Centre for Advanced Research on Intellectual Property Rights, NLUJAA.
It is the endeavour of the CARIP to become the beacon in the field of Intellectual Property Rights by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across academia and research fraternity.
The Journal welcomes submissions from academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students from law and allied fields.
JIPR welcomes original and previously unpublished articles, case notes and case comments, and book reviews for publication in its 2019-2020 volume. Categories
- Long Articles – 4000 to 7000 words. The article must be a comprehensive and an in-depth analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Short Articles – 2000 to 4000 words. The article must be an analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Case Comments – 2000 to 4000 words. The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of commercial laws, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.
- Legislative Comment– 2000 to 4000 words. The comment must analyse a recent legislative instrument. It must examine the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
Book Review – 1000 to 3000 words. The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book including the issues explored and related arguments of the author. The word limit is inclusive of footnotes but exclusive of the abstract.
All original submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the submission, beyond the existing available literature, and the practical utility of his/her recommendations.
The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing.
The citations must conform to The Harvard Bluebook style of citation, 19th edition.
Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two authors. Further, kindly adhere strictly to the word limit prescribed.
Kindly mail your manuscript in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format to [email protected] in before 11:59 PM, 5th August 2019.
The subject of the E-Mail should be “Submission for CARIPNLUJAA JIPR– [Submission Category] – (Title of the manuscript)”. The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter which must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.
- Name and Address of Institution
- Academic Qualifications/Affiliations Contact Details.