GITARATTAN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SCHOOL , DELHI
(AFFILIATED TO GGSIPU)
Centre for Legal Studies
1ST NATIONAL INTER COLLEGE DEBATE COMPETITION
“THE ABSENCE OF A SUITABLY EFFICIENT AND
RESULT ORIENTED EDUCATION SYSTEM IN INDIA
RENDERS ITS UNJUST TO TREAT JUVENILE
OFFENDERS AS ADULTS”
Date of Event : 6th October, 2018
Juvenile crimes are a harsh reality in India. They are considered as a social disease encompassing the society. Various incidents are reported everyday in the newspapers concerning the involvement of juveniles in most heinous of the crimes like murder or gang rape.
It is indeed an alarming situation and shakes the societal conscience as a whole. It is believed that it is the responsibility of the State to provide equal opportunities for development of the children during the period of their growth in terms of education, value system and healthy living conditions. Some others hold the view that the present law is insufficient to control the ascending trend in juvenile crimes.
Many experts believe that the present law is inadequate to deal with the situation and we need changes in it so that for heinous crimes, juveniles may also be tried and punished as adults.
At this juncture, it is a matter of debate whether juvenile offenders should be penalized like an adult for committing heinous crimes or should changes be made to the prevailing education system in India to bring about positive behavioural changes amongst the youth. The Centre for Legal Studies, Gitarattan International Business School has set platform before the aspiring advocates to present their views on this burning issue through debate competition.
Students pursuing any law course of 3 years or 5 years duration from any University / Institute / College approved by Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in this event. Both the teammembers must belong to same University / Institute / College.
1. Only one team from a College/ Institute / University running law programmes can participate in this competition.
2. Each team consists of two members – one for the motion and other against the motion.
Participants of each team shall follow the sequence for debating their points as ‘for-against-for- conclusion’.
3. Each team will present their views within eight minutes followed by two minute cross question and conclusion.
4. Emphasis will be given on quest of knowledge, practicality of subject matter and presentation skills in the judgement.
5. Non-Parliamentary language is strictly prohibited.
6. False comments for any organisation or government policy is preferably undesirably.
7. The participants must possess valid College / Institute / University identity cards.
8. The medium of language is English only.
9. Each team must register themselves for the Inter College Debate Competition by filling and sending the scanned copy of their completed registration form to ‘email@example.com‘.
10. The judgment of the jury shall be final and binding.
11. The Debate Organizing Committee may alter/change the rules and regulations, at any point of time and the same shall be binding on the participants.
AWARD AND CERTIFICATES
The winning team shall awarded with a trophy and a cash prize of Rs 5000/-along with the
certificate of merit. All participants will be awarded with certificate of participation.
Registration fee of Rs 300/ per team should be sent in the form of Demand Draft in favour of Gitaratian International Business School, payable at Delhi. Registration fee can also be sent through NEFT/ RTGS at following bank details :
A/C Name: Gitarattan International Business School
A/C No.: 50100235284444 A/CType : Current Type
IFSC Code: HDFC0000886
Bank : HDFC Bank, 5, Community Center, Garg Plaza, Sec.-8,
Date of Event :
6th October, 2018.
Ms. Shivangi Sharma (Asst. Professor) :9891496247
Ms. Sonam Dass. (Asst. Professor) :8447024124
Dr. Anup Kumar Ghosh
M: 9813201168 LAW DEBATE COMPETION brouchre