Colloquium on Goods & Services Tax Law
@RGNUL, Patiala [Feb 29]:
Submit by Feb 7
ABOUT THE COLLOQUIUM
The Colloquium aims to educate and aware students, scholars, academicians and professionals about the new Goods and Services Tax and indirect tax regime in India and the challenges for the taxpayers. It intends to initiate a discourse on the legal scrutiny of the issues in implementation and compliance of GST laws. Furthermore, it attempts to find possible solutions through the discourse.
Mr. Mathivanan N. (Principal Partner, L&S) will be the Guest of Honour for the Colloquium. He is a legal luminary in the arena of taxation laws in India. Before joining L&S in 2002, Mr. Mathivanan worked as Director in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India. During his tenure, he had audited the accounts of United Nations Headquarters.
The Colloquium will consist of a Paper Presentation Workshop and some Guest Lectures delivered by experts from L&S. The authors will get an opportunity to showcase their research to taxation law experts from L&S. Selected papers will be published in a special edition of RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review.
The Editorial Board of RFMLR welcomes contributions from academicians, practitioners, students of law and allied fields. Participants may also register themselves for attending Guest Lectures only.
- Two Years of Goods & Services Tax: Impacts and Challenges
- Constitutional Challenges to Goods & Services Tax
- National Anti-Profiteering Authority: Impacts and Challenges
- Consideration for a Supply
The above list is exhaustive. The authors are expected to submit papers on specific topics within these sub-themes. Any paper outside the scope of abovementioned sub-themes will be rejected by the Editorial Board.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English.
- The research paper must be original and unpublished work of the author(s).
- Word Limit: 3000-5000 words.
- The manuscript must be typewritten, font Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, justified alignment (except the title and ‘abstract’ caption which should be centrally aligned).
- Citation format: The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition). The footnotes must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment.
- An abstract of 200-300 words must be included with the submission.
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors. Full names and contact details of all the authors must be given.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Submissions must be emailed at rfmlr[at]rgnul.ac.in with the subject “Submission for Colloquium on GST Law”.
- Abstract Submission: 7th February 2020
- Intimation of Selection of Abstract: 10th February 2020
- Last Date for Registration: 14th February 2020
- Full Paper Submission: 25th February 2020
- Date of the Conference: 29th February 2020
- Registration Fee: INR 800/- (Single Author),
- INR 1200/- (Co-Authors) – Payable after Selection of Abstract
Registration for Guest Lectures Only
Registration Fee: INR 500/-
- Fee includes registration kit and food. It does not include accommodation & transportation.
Sanskriti Sharma +91-9915871143 (Managing Editor, RFMLR)
Shivansh Mehta +91-9953711197 (Managing Editor, RFMLR)
Akshat Jain +91-9770003070 (Senior Editor, RFMLR)