Call for Editors:
Indian Journal of Law and International Affairs
: Apply by October 5
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
IJLIA bearing ISSN 2518-3257 is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, biannual International Journal dedicated to publishing original research, reports, and reviews.
The Journal lauds the support of an Editorial Advisory Council that includes policy analysts, senior bureaucrats, distinguished academicians from Yale Law School, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics, MGIMO, Sciences Po and former Secretary General of International Court of Arbitration.
Launch of IJLIA
The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs was launched on April 16, 2017, in New Delhi by:
1. Ambassador K.P. Fabian, Former Ambassador of India to Italy and Qatar.
2. His Excellency Fakhri Hassan Mahdi Al-Issa, Ambassador of Iraq to India, Embassy of the Republic of Iraq.
3. Prof. Nuzhat Parveen Khan, Dean, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
4. Dr. Wael Al-Battrekhi, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of Palestine in India; and
5. Brigadier General Md. Abdul Hamid, Defense Adviser, Bangladesh High Commission New Delhi.
The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs successfully organised its 3rd two-day International Symposium on International Humanitarian Law, Human Rights Law on Torture and Space Law at the Indian Society of International Law (ISIL), New Delhi on April 13th -14th. We had the privilege of having Amnesty International, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and ISIL as the joint partners for the Symposium.
The 3rd Symposium was graced by experts in International humanitarian law, human rights laws and space law, and saw an overwhelming participation of more than 200 lawyers, professors, research scholars, and students from law and allied disciplines from all across India and abroad.
The event was inaugurated by the luminaries like Mr. Soli Sorabjee, Former Attorney General, Mr. Ashwini Kumar, Former Union Minister of Law and Science and Technology, Mr. Pravin H Parekh, Senior Advocate and President ISIL, Dr. Anuradha Saibaba, Head IHL Department International Red Cross Society (ICRC).
Further, the first plenary session on “70 Years of Geneva Convention” was chaired by Maj Gen (Prof) Nilendra Kumar with Dr. Anuradha Saibaba, Prof. (Dr.) Tasneem Meenai, Dr. Srinivas Burra, Dr. U.C. Jha and Dr. Garima Tiwari as the panellists.
The second plenary session on “Prohibition of Torture” was chaired by Shri MK Rao and Moderated by Ms. Smriti Singh with Dr. Colin Gonsalves, Director HRL, Ms. Asmita Basu, Amnesty International and Shri Sanjay Parikh, Advocate as the panellists.
The third plenary session on Space law was chaired by Prof. SK Verma and Co-Chaired by Dr. V. Gopalakrishnan; Associate Director (Policies) ISRO with Prof. GS Sachdeva, Visiting Professor NALSAR, Prof VG Hegde, Professor JNU, Mr. Kumar Abhijeet, NLSIU Bangalore and Prof. (Dr.) Sreejith S.G., Professor and Vice Dean JGLS as panellists.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Indian Journal of Law and International Affairs (IJLIA) bearing ISSN 2518-3257 seeks applications from students and researchers to join the Editorial Collective for Volume 4 to maintain the editorial direction of the journal and to ensure engaging and thought-provoking original research publications.
- For future improvement and development, IJLIA particularly seeks editors who can continue the enduring and ongoing editorial successes and introduce the journal profile to different libraries and research centres around the globe.
- IJLIA welcomes applications from editors with strong academic backgrounds and a keen affinity toward International Law and International Relations.
- The applicant must be in or above 2nd year (5 year course) or 2nd year (3 year course) of Law College or in Masters or Research Scholar in Law.
- Applicants with significant publications and/or reviewing experience will be preferred. It is a prerequisite for every applicant to be proficient in the 20th Bluebook citation format.
Kindly note that IJLIA has 4 vacancies for the role of Assistant Editor.
Roles and Responsibility
1. Making primary decisions on the merit of a written piece.
2. Send conditional acceptance and written feedback for improving an article.
3. Language and content editing of the articles, commentaries, case comment and book reviews.
4. Other miscellaneous editorial tasks.
5th October 2019.
Interested candidates are required to send their applications along with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “IJLIA EB APPLICATION”
1. Updated Curriculum Vitae
2. Statement of Purpose (300-500 words)
Candidates selected after the initial scrutiny will be sent a paper to review of which they have to submit a review report. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the quality of the review report and will subsequently be interviewed. It will be conducted over Skype for those outside NCR and in-person for those within Delhi.
Details of the same will be communicated to the prospective persons soon; kindly refrain from repeatedly following up on the status of your application or interview result.