3rd National Debate Competition on Compulsory Voting Regime
@ Swami Devi Dyal Law College, Golpura, Haryana
About the Organizer
Swami Devi Dyal Law College started functioning in 2007-2008. The College is approved by Bar Council of India and is affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. The ambience and serenity of the Law College provide a healthy environment for the studies.
About the Debate
Swami Devi Dyal Law College is organising the 3rd National Debate Competition on Compulsory Voting Regime: Feasible or Not on 25th September 2019.
Any undergraduate/postgraduate student from any recognised university/institute shall be eligible to participate.
Each team shall consist of two speakers.
All participants are required to wear formals during the event.
Guidelines for the debate
- Debate opens with the affirmative team (the team that supports the resolution) presenting their arguments, followed by a member of the opposing team. This pattern is repeated for the second speaker in each team. Finally, each team gets an opportunity for rebutting the arguments of the opponent.
- Each speaker would be given 5(4+1) minutes to speak. There will be a warning bell after 4 minutes.
- The other teams will get (3 minutes) to rebut the arguments presented by the opposite.
- There cannot be any interruptions. Speakers must wait for their turns. The teacher may need to enforce the rules.
- Non-Parliamentary language is strictly prohibited.
- False comments for any organization or government policy is preferably undesirably.
- The medium of language is English and Hindi.
- The judgment of the jury shall be final and binding.
- The Debate Organizing Committee may alter/change the rules and regulations, if necessary.
- The winning team shall be awarded Trophy along with the certificate of merit. All participants will be awarded a certificate of participation.
Criteria for grading
Serial Number Criteria Marks
- Matter(content): 30
- Manner(Articulation, voice modulation, body language): 30
- Method(organisation, clarity, time limit and presentation): 20
- Interjections/Rebuttal 20
- Total Marks 100
- Post-debate Discussion and Assessment
When the formal debate is finished, allow time for debriefing and discussion. Members of the audience should be given an opportunity to ask questions and to contribute their own thoughts and opinions on the arguments presented. Members of the debate teams may also wish to reflect on their performance and seek feedback from the audience, including the teacher.
Fee Details: Rs 250/- per participant
Registration formalities: Each team shall register with the organising committee of debate competition by sending the duly filled registration form with fee submission details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
email id: email@example.com
Contact Number: 7015776072