Indian Supreme Court: An Audit
@ PES University: [14th March 2020]:
Submit by Feb 15.
PES University,located in Bangalore, India, is one of the country’s leading pedagogic and research universities. The Faculty of Law, PES University recognizes that the Supreme Court of India, in its seven decades of life reflects the eventful saga of India as a nation. Through this seminar we aim to appreciate the changing facets of Law in India in the backdrop of the global scenario. The seminar is scheduled on the 14th of March, 2020.The Seminar seeks to create an air of academia and facilitate the exchange of information and ideas among students, professionals, academicians and research scholars.
The seminar focuses on the following themes:
- Judiciary vis -a –vis a Living Constitution
- Shifting Paradigms of Criminal Law Jurisprudence and Apex Court
- Appointments, Accountability, Independence: Indian Judiciary at Crossroads
- Artificial Intelligence, Internet and Supreme Court
- ADR and the Waning Significance of the Supreme Court
- Apex Court and Environmental Governance
- Expansive Interpretation of Fundamental Rights: in Retrospect and Prospect
- Religion, Secularism and Judiciary
- Affirmative Action and Judicial Process
- Judicial Activism or Overreach?
- Supreme Court and Centre – State Relations
- Supreme Court on the Doctrine of Basic Structure
Papers regarding the above mentioned sub-themes can be submitted for discussion at the seminar subject to the submission guidelines given in the brochure attached.
|Last Date for Concept Note/Abstract Submission:||15th February, 2020.|
|Communication of Selected Abstract:||19th February, 2020|
|Last date of Registration:||26th February, 2020|
|Full paper Submission:||7th March, 2020|
|National Seminar||14th March, 2020|
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Students (co-authorship): Rs. 750/-
- Academics/ Professionals / Research scholars: Rs. 1000/-
- Academics/ Professionals / Research scholars (co-authorship): Rs. 1250/-
- The Registration Fee includes a seminar kit, a working lunch and refreshments on the day of the Seminar.
- Note: DD (from Nationalized Bank preferably) shall be drawn in favour of “PES UNIVERSITY GENERAL FUND” payable at Bengaluru.
To register, click here.
Note: The Registration Fee does not include accommodation / travel allowance. The participants are herewith required to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging. Please note that Registration Fee once paid
- Ranjeet Mathew Jacob 8884 251851, Assistant Professor
- Poornavi R 97407 20774, Assistant Professor
- Akarsh 91416 67302 ,Student
- Mr. Maheen Qureshi 97382 33825, Student