Two Days National Seminar
On Environmental Problems and Natural Resource Law
@Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi
( September 3-4, ):
Submit by July 20.
About the Organiser
Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, named after the great martyr of India, Shaheed-e-Azam, Sardar Bhagat Singh, was established as a co-educational institution in 1967 as a constituent college of University of Delhi.
About the Seminar
Spatial dimensions describe the locational factors of the environmental problems and natural resource. It is an important aspect of development activity which integrates environmental concerns and natural resources.
Therefore, the main objective of the seminar is to promote greater interest and understanding of spatial dimensions of environmental problems and analyse existing legal regime with inherent intricacy of laws to solvethese problems, through interactions.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Department of Geography, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi invites all for paper and poster presentation at Conference Centre, University of Delhi, New Delhi. Intending authors are requested to submit their original research contribution in the form of abstract (not exceeding 250 words) by email to the Convener on or before July 20th 2019.
- The abstract of the paper should be typed with 1.5 Space Times New Roman (12 Font Size) with title of the paper, name of the author(s), affiliation, email address besides the content. Author(s) will be informed by email about the acceptance of their abstracts by August 5 th 2019.
- Thereafter, the contributors are requested to send their full papers and registration fee by August 20th 2019. Full paper in MS Word format should reach to the Convener by an e-mail attachment. Only full papers will be accepted for presentation.
- The accepted papers will be published as full text in the conference proceedings
•Spatial distribution of environmental problems: causes, impacts and possible solutions. •Development, environment and sustainability
•Spatial distribution of natural resources: demand, supply, degradation and conflicts •Climate change and environmental problems, management, policies and laws in India. •Land resource: degradation, sustainable land use, development imperatives and state versus public rights.
•Mining: land resource , natural resource management and the laws.
• Forest and biodiversity: problems, policies and laws.
• Indian courts and tribunals on environment.
•Natural resource laws: an international perspective and adaptation capabilities of countries.
• Water: geographical issues and prospects ;geopolitical perspectives; legal and institutional issues in India.
• Oceans and coastal laws: Indian perspectives
• People and habitations: concerns of rural, tribal area ,rehabilitations , urban and fast growing cities.
• Earth jurisprudence: human rights vs. Rights of nature (natural resource related conflicts, conflicts prevention and peace building)
• Local environmental problems, indigenous knowledge base and legal instruments
•Certificate will be awarded for best paper presentation in each thematic panel.
•Certificate will be awarded for best poster presentation.
Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 20th July, 2019
Notification of Acceptance of Abstract: 30th July
Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: 20th August, 2019
Last Date to pay the fee: 20th August, 2019
Seminar Date: 3rd and 4th September, 2019
For Working Professionals: Rs. 1000/-
For Research Students: Rs. 500/-
For Industry Delegates: Rs. 3000/
MODE OF PAYMENT
Fee to be paid after the acceptance of the abstract. Through following modes fee may be paid. *Through Demand Draft in favour of Principal, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi or through electronic payment (NEFT/RTGS/online transfer).
*The registration fee can also be deposited / transferred online through RTGS/NEFT/Net Banking. The details for online transfer are as follows:
Principal, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (Morning),
Name of the Bank: UNION BANK OF INDIA, SHAHEED BHAGAT SINGH COLLEGE, SHEIKH SARAI, PHASE – II, NEW DELHI – 110017
Bank Account No: 355701011012002
Type of Bank Account: Current
IFSC Code: UBIN0570397 MICR Code: 110026137
for registeration link click here
Dr. Anil Sardana , Acting Principal Chief Patron
Dr. Kavita Arora, Convener
Email: [email protected],