SURANA & SURANA
THE CENTRE FOR ADVANCED
STUDIES IN CRIMINAL LAW
RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL
UNIVERSITY OF LAW,
Rules and Guidelines for the Essay Competition
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any
university across the World.
- If any Student of the RGNUL is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance
with a special prize by the Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
THEME FOR THE ESSAY
“TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIMES”
SUB THEMES (ILLUSTRATIVE , NOT EXHAUSTIVE):
- Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2017
- De Mystification Offshore Banking Secrecy
- UN Efforts to Tackle Corruption
- Money Laundering
- Upcoming Challenges of Drug Trade
- Bilateral Cooperation to Curb Drug Trafficking
- Illegal Arms Trade
- Organizing Trafficking
- Any Other Sub Theme
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the competition)
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted. In case of co-authorship, separate Registration Form must be filled.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. Neither RGNUL nor Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai will be responsible for the act of plagiarism.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of t h e e s s a y.
- Registration form is to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution / University. (Available in download form on RGNUL website). In case of unavailability of the head of the institution any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card.
Length of the essay
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- An abstract should not be more than 300 words inclusive of title and keywords. The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding Footnotes and abstract).
- Footnotes must conform to the 19th Bluebook Citation Format.
- Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman with 1.5 intercellular spaces.
- The participants should Email their papers to firstname.lastname@example.org. with the following the attachments:
- Essay in MS Word format with subject “Essay Competition” – Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
Prizes (SURANA AWARDS)
First Prize – INR 25,000/-
Second Prize – INR 15,000/-
Third Prize – INR 10,000/-
- The name of the winner will be displayed on the RGNUL website. Separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winner. The winners will be given the prizes on the Prize distribution function, exact date and location of which to be announced later. Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION- AUGUST 20, 2018
RESULT DECLARATION- SEPTEMBER 28, 2018
FACULTY INCHARGE -Dr. Ivneet Walia (Email: email@example.com)
STUDENT COORDINATORS– Mr. Priyank Pandey (+91 80575 05040)
STUDENT COORDINATORS– Ms. Yashi Bajpai (+91 73476 88125)