Prof. N R Madhava Menon Memorial Legal Conclave @ NUJS, Kolkata [Feb 1-2]: Submit by Dec 20
About the Organisation
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences was established under the WBNUJS Act, 1999 (West Bengal Act IX of 1999) adopted by the West Bengal Legislature in July, 1999. The University was notified under Clause (f) of Section 2 of the UGC Act, 1956 in August 2004 and has been granted permanent affiliation by the Bar Council of India in July 2005.
About the Conclave
NUJS is organizing the first Prof. NR Madhava Menon Memorial Legal Conclave 2020. The Conclave shall be held on 1st and 2nd February 2020.
A celebration of the Madhava Menon method of legal education, this Conclave shall be a pan India event and act as a free forum for exchange of ideas on contemporary legal issues. The focal theme of the inaugural edition of this Conclave is “Grounding Constitutionalism in Legal Education: Emerging Issues and Challenges”.
The sub-themes of the conclave are:
- Legal Pluralism and the Constitution.
- Constitution, Liberty, and Criminal Law.
- Fiscal Policy, Taxation and the Indian Constitution.
- Right to Development and the Constitution.
- Devolution of Powers, Federalism, and the Constitution.
- Citizenship, National Security, and the Constitution.
- Privacy and the Constitution.
- Personal Law: Criminalization and Decriminalization of certain acts.
Call for Papers
NUJS invites academics, researchers, legal practitioners and students to submit original, rigorous and in-depth pieces of scholarship. This paper is open to academicians, lawyers, law students (undergraduate/postgraduate) and everyone else interested in law and constitution in India and abroad.
Rules for paper presentation
- Word Limit: 4000-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Co-authorship (of a maximum of two authors) shall be allowed.
- Citations are mandatory and the Standard Indian Legal Citation (SILC) to be strictly followed.
- Peaking footnotes are not permitted and shall lead to deduction of marks.
- All submissions will undergo a strict online plagiarism check. Any kind of plagiarism shall lead to immediate disqualification.
- The copyright shall lie with the NUJS.
- The registration fee worth 200 INR will have to be paid once the paper is selected.
- The registration fee does not include travel or accommodation. Accommodation will be provided by the organisers for an additional charge.
- A certificate of participation shall be provided to all participants (people with plagiarized paper shall not be awarded participation certificate).
- In case of any dispute, the decision taken by the NUJS shall be final and irrevocable.
The formatting specifications are as follows:
- Font: Time News Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Spacing: 1.5
- Margin: One inch on all sides
- Paper size: A4
Procedure for Submission
All teams/ participants must send electronic copies of their paper in “.docx” (Microsoft Word) and “.pdf” formats by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT identify yourselves in any part of the text of the paper.
The “subject” of the submission email should mention “Name of authors-themes”. Participants shall also clearly mention their names, phone numbers, addresses and name of their Institute/College/ University.
The last date for submission is 20th December 2019 (midnight).
- The best paper presenter under each theme will receive a certificate, trophy and a cash prize of Rs 8000/-
- Selected papers will also be published
Prashant Shukla: +91 7044187399
Akshat Kaushik: +91 8700895527