PRE-INVITE: 1st IFIM Law College South Asian Technology Law Moot Court Competition [Bangalore, April 13-15]
IFIM Law College was established in the year 2015 and began operations from the academic session 2015-16. It is affiliated to the Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi, Karnataka and is currently running the Five years integrated BBALLB course. For further details about the college please visit the official website.
In order to increase the global visibility of the law college and to embark upon the journey towards becoming one of the finest law schools of the world, IFIM Law College will be organising its 1st IFIM Law College South Asian Technology Law Moot Court Competition (ISATLMCC), which is its first national moot court competition with participants coming in from SAARC countries, scheduled to be held tentatively in April 2018.
Teams from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal etc. have already committed to sending teams.
Main Features of the Competition:
(1) Mr. Rodney Ryder, Cyber Law Expert and owner of SCRIBOARD and Mr. Ashwin Madhavan, owner and founder of ENHELION to grace the event as a judge
(2) Knowledge partners such as Scriboard, Enhelion, HCL and Corp Comm Legal on board
(2) Panel discussion on Cyber privacy, surveillance and information technology law between semi-finals and finals
(3) Semi-finals and finals to be held in a five-star accomodation.
(3) Two networking dinners on the two days of the event involving judges and participants.
(4) Comfortable feature-rich accomodation for participants
(5) 10 best memorials of the competition to be compiled into an ISBN book of moot memorials
(6) External corporate sponsors such as Westlaw and SCC Online sponsoring the event
(7) Media coverage of the semi-finals and finals of the competition
(8) Judges include practitioners, corporate lawyers and IT experts
(9) Moot problem will be an intersection of Information Technology Law, Commercial Laws and International Law
(10) Cash prizes of over 2 lakh INR along with trophies and certificates
(11) Opportunity to network with corporates for internships and placements.
NOTE: The Moot Brochure with the problem, rules and regulations and other details to be released soon. Please see the details of the competition here:
Anyone interested at this stage to participate and to know more about the event may get in touch with any of the organizing committee members mentioned below (Between 9 AM to 9 PM):
Prof. Pritam Ghosh, Assistant Professor of Law, Head of Moot Court Society, IFIM Law College- 9606215801/02
Ishan Sodhani, Student Coordinator of Moot Court Society and ISATLMCC Organizing Committee Member- 8296539400
Sarbodeep Sood, Executive Member of Moot Court Society- 7760115051