Online National Essay Writing Competition
by Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal:
Register by April 10 [Extended]
JLU Centre for International Commercial Arbitration & Alternate Dispute Redressal in association with GRO Global is organizing an Online National Level Essay Writing Competition.
- The competition is open for all the law students enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate courses from any recognized university/college across India.
- Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submission will lead to disqualification.
- The Essays can be written by a maximum number of 2 Co-authors.
The theme of the Essay Competition is “Changing Landscape of Mediation”.
REGISTRATION FEE DETAILS
Registration Fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only).
The registration is to be done by filling the online form available in the brochure.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- The title of the essay should be followed by the Name of the student(s), Name of the University/ Institution and E-mail address.
- The essay should be typed in MS Word format preferably 2007 or 2010. The essay must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The length of the essay should not be more than 3,500 words (including footnotes).
- The sub-heading should be in Font size 12, Bold, Times New Roman and Center aligned.
- The main text should be in Font size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing and Justified.
- All references must be in the form of foot-notes with Font size 10 single spacing.
- For citation Bluebook style – 20th Edition should be followed.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted
- Participants not adhering to the word limit will be marked negatively.
- The Essays are strictly meant to be an original work of authors/co-authors. Plagiarized essays will be disqualified.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx format only.
- In addition to sending the essay as an attachment, you must include your name, mailing address, and the university or school that you’re enrolled in.
- All submission of essays shall be made in soft copies to ([email protected]) and the subject of the mail should be“Essay writing competition”.
- Last date of registration: 10th April 2020
- Last date for receiving the submission: 20th April 2020
- Declaration of results (tentative): 10th April 2020
Proposed Prize money is as follows:
- 1st Prize: Rs. 7,500 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs. 3000/-
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 5,000 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs. 3000/-
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 2,500 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs. 3000/-
- Consolation Prize: Rs. 1,000 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs. 3000/-
- University would issue participation certificates to all the participants.
Dr. Apoorva Dixit: Assistant Professor: Coordinator at Centre for International Commercial Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, JLU School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal
E-mail ID and Phone Number: [email protected], +91-9893088822
Ms. Saumya Shaji: Assistant Professor, Co-Coordinator – Centre for International Commercial Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, JLU School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal
E-mail ID and Phone Number: [email protected], +91-9662966992″
For full details, click here.