Jims Engineering Management Technical Campus (JMTEC)- School of Law , Greater Noida is conducting a One Day National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in International Law: Issues & Challenges‘ on 21st April 2018, at JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus (JMTEC)-School of Law and seeks your participation in this intellectual endeavour.
About The Conference:
International Law seeks to achieve peaceful and sustainable coexistence worldwide. However, the attainment of peace and tranquility in the present scenario is a serious global challenge. We need to rethink about the current International Law, its institutional and normative structure, functions and their shortcomings.
Progressive development and codification of International Law has developed international entities like States, Trans border Organisations, Multinational Corporations that are paving way for globalization and easy accessibility across the globe.
It is a known fact that none of the nations can survive in seclusion and there is an obligation to establish a well knitted inter-state relationship. There is a constant strife between new international economic order and traditional interpretation of international principles.
Establishment of United Nations has also segregated bi-polar world into a non-aligned globe for protecting the future generations. International Law is blamed to favour developed nations rather than LDCs or the third world countries. In modern age of technological advancement and rise of new treaty based International Law from its traditional customary nature, the discipline has posed many challenges like:
- Identification of Customary International Law.
- Fragmentation of International Law.
- Issues related to Private International Law.
- Rise of Non-State Actors and increase in International Humanitarian Crisis, International Refugee Crisis.
- Issues of developing and developed countries divide in International Trade and Investment Treaties.
- Issues of Environment and Climate Change which is affecting the World Food Security and Public Health at large due to Global Emissions.
Themes and Sub-themes
The main aim of the National Conference is to deliberate on the below mentioned indicative themes, subthemes and closely connected/ related issues:
1. Challenges before Public International Law
a. Identification of Customary International Law
b. Fragmentation of International Law
c. Codification and Progressive Development of International Law for better future and International Relations
2. International Law in Cyber Space
a. Legality of International Application of Bit coins and Cyber Governance
b. Towards uniform International Law in Cyber Space and Data Protection
c. Data Protection and Security Law in International Regime
3. International Investment and Trade Law
a. Relevance of WTO in the Multilateral Trading System
b. Overlapping of National Treatment and MFN Clause due to Multiple Bilateral Investment Treaties
c. Modern Challenges in Investment Disputes
d. Issues and Challenges in Modern Investment Treaty of India and other countries
4. International Environmental Law Issues and Challenges
a. Towards Uniform International Environment Treaty: Challenges After Paris Agreement
b. Role of International Court of Justice in the development of International Environmental Law
5. International Refugee Law
a. Rights of Refugees in Developing Nations
b. Statelessness & its Impact
c. Role of UNHCR in Refugee Protection
6. International Maritime Law
a. Offshore Energy: Solar Parks and other Amenities from Legal Perspective
b. Maritime Cross Border Insolvency
c. Maritime Safety and Security: Legal Implications to Ships and Cargo
Call for Papers and Submission Guidelines
➢ Abstract and Full paper should be E-mailed at: conferencelaw.jims@
➢ Abstract should not exceed more than 300 words and must contain rationale, objective, methodology and the central theme
➢ Abstract and Paper should be of in Times New Roman with Font size 12 for main Text and 10 for footnotes
➢ Maximum word limit for Research Paper is 3500 words. ILI mode of Citation should be followed.
➢ Papers to be discussed should be the original work of the author
➢ Joint authorship is permitted, subject to a maximum of one co-author
➢ Three best paper presentations will be awarded certificate of Appreciation
➢ The Selected Papers will be published in the form of Book of Proceedings
• Last Date of Abstract Submission: 17th March, 2018
• Confirmation of Accepted Abstracts: 20th March, 2018
• Last Date of Registration and NEFT: 10th April, 2018
• Last date of Submission of Full paper: 5th April, 2018
• Date of Conference : 21st April, 2018
Students – Rs. 500
Research Scholars – Rs. 1000
Lawyers, Academicians and other Professionals – Rs.1000
Co-Author – Rs. 500 (Additional)
Mode of Payment (Through NEFT):
Bank Name: Yes Bank, Shop No G1 and G2, Greater Noida, Shopping Complex, Surajpur, Kasna Road, PIN- 201310
Account No: 013394600000460
IFS Code: YESB0000133
- Ms. Navdisha Seghal; Mob. 8800155895
- Ms. Chitra Agarwal; Mob. 9911217397
- Mr. Keshav Gaur; Mob. 9891310320
- Ms.Shubi Singh; Mob. 7042406702
For Brochure, CLICK HERE