National Symposium on Consumerism, Consumer Citizenship & Sustainable Consumption SLS, Hyderabad [January 11-12, 2020]: Submit by Dec 10
About the Institute
The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is nurtured by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar (Chancellor Symbiosis International Deemed University) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’.
Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad is established in 2014 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in the education of Symbiosis International Deemed University, Pune.
Centre for Consumer Rights and Marketing (CCRM) has been established in Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad with the motive of understanding the multi-dimensional aspects of a buyer and seller relationships
About the Symposium
Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad, Centre for Consumer Rights and Marketing (CCRM) is organising National Symposium on Consumerism, Consumer Citizenship and Sustainable Consumption.
Date: January 11th and 12th 2020
- To bring to the fore the role of the legal fraternity in creating a platform for the consumer responsibilities and citizenship
- To discuss the legal implications of consumer citizenship in the globalized economy and sustainable consumption.
The major theme of the symposium is “Consumerism, Consumer Citizenship and Sustainable Consumption”. We are inviting papers from different disciplines including Law, Business Management, Political Science and Environmental Sciences. The sub-themes include, but are not limited to:
- Jurisprudential and conceptual dimensions of consumerism
- Consumer advocacy- Innovation and transformation of consumer laws
- Consumer protection and criminal liability
- Consumerism in International integration of E-commerce
- Political Consumerism
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable consumption
- Consumer citizenship and global citizenship
- Crony Consumerism
- Co-authorship up to two members is permitted.
- The participants should submit an abstract of not more than 500 words by 5th December 2019
- The abstracts and the manuscripts must not mention the author’s name or his/her affiliation. A separate cover page must be attached which must contain the details of the author including the author’s name, affiliation and contact details.
- The manuscripts shall be accompanied by a declaration that the work submitted is original and that the content does not infringe the copyright of any other person. The University is not liable for the copyright infringements by the authors.
- All abstracts and manuscripts must be submitted to the email [email protected]
- Plagiarism will result in rejection of the paper.
The participants may send their manuscripts in any of the following formats:
- Articles: 3,000-5,000 words
- Research Papers: 5,000- 6,000 words
- Case Comments: 2,000-3,000 words
- Selection of abstracts will be notified by 10th December 2019.
- The final paper must be submitted by 25th December 2019.
- The participants must pay the registration fees latest by 25th December 2019.
Registration fees (includes accommodation and food) to be paid upon selection of abstract is:
- Rs. 2000/– for UG and PG students (Additional charge of Rs. 1000/- per Co-author)
- Rs. 2500/- for Research Scholars, Academicians and practitioner (Additional charge of Rs. 1500/– per Co-author)
- Rs. 3000/– for Corporates (Additional charge of Rs. 1500/- per Co-author)
E-mail: [email protected]
Faculty-in-Charge: Dr. Rajanikanth: 9912720022
Srishti Sneha: 9398657809
For the brochure, click here.