NATIONAL SEMINAR ON “CONFRONTING GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD: CURRENT AND EMERGING ISSUES”
School of Law, Sharda University, cordially invites academicians, researchers, representatives of the Civil Society, Students and research scholars to submit their Abstracts on the broader theme of ‘CONFRONTING GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD: CURRENT AND EMERGING ISSUES’.
We strongly encourage people from under-represented (such as ethnic minorities, multi-racial, transgender, differently abled communities) population to put forward their experiences. Paper presenters are free (and encouraged) to present socio-cultural, legal, psychological or other multi-disciplinary narratives as long as they fall within the theme.
CONFRONTING GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD: CURRENT AND EMERGING ISSUES
For greater clarity, the following sub-themes are suggested:
- Sexual Violence as an Act of War
- Laws to combat crimes like: Domestic Violence, Female Foeticide, Dowry Deaths
- Socio-cultural Perceptions on Gender Violence
- The Transgender Experience with Gender based violence
- The Prison System and its promotion of gender violence
- Honour Killings and other forms of caste-based violence against women
- Criminology and Victimology of Gender Based Violence
- Law and Justice for Acid Attack Survivors
- Cyber Crimes targeted at Women
- Sexual Harassment and exploitation at Workplace
- Role of technology in the prevention/commission of crime
- Experiences with the Law Enforcement (Themes of Vulnerability and Marginalization in the narrative of female victims of crime or countering popular perceptions)
- The International Response to Gender Violence
- Forced Prostitution and Trafficking of Women and Girl Child
Note: Countering of popular or dominant myths is also promoted. The sub-themes are not mandatory, but the papers should not belie the theme of the seminar.
Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors have to register separately.
The abstract shall not exceed a maximum of 250-300 words. Full paper must be of 2500-4000 words (exclusive of footnotes/endnotes/bibliography).
Format: MS Word, Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 Point, Line Spacing: 1.5
Abstract as well as Full Paper shall be submitted both in pdf and MS Word and shall be submitted to email@example.com
After confirmation of the abstracts, participants will be required to make the fee payment and send the receipt to the organizing committee. Thereafter, you will be receiving a e-kit containing further details, list of speakers, details of the session, directions to the venue, etc.
Find the full details here.
Academicians/Professionals/Practitioners/Administrators/NGO, etc.: Rs. 750
Research Scholars, Students, Participation only: Rs. 500
Registration fee includes seminar kit, high tea, and lunch excluding accommodation.
Date of Abstract Submission: 15.10.2019
Communication of Acceptance of the Abstract: 17.10.2019
Registration and Fee Payment Deadline: 20.10.2019
Submission of Final Paper: 30.10.2019
Date of Seminar: 1.11.2019
Office: 8800933447 (Timings: 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Weekdays only, excluding holidays)
Note: Queries are to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org ideally containing the word ‘QUERY’ in the subject line.