National Conference on Uniform Civil Code @ Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad [Jan 18-19, 2020]: Submit by Nov 18
About the Institute
The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is nurtured by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar (Chancellor Symbiosis International Deemed University) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’.
Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad is established in 2014 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in the education of Symbiosis International Deemed University, Pune.
Centre for Human Rights was established in Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad with an aim to spread awareness and knowledge about Human Rights amongst the masses and to support and stand for the rights of the marginalized communities in our society, and to try and bring about a change in the perception of people.
About the Conference
Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad is organising a two day National Conference on Uniform Civil Code on 18th and 19th January 2020.
The objective of the Conference
The main objective of this conference is to set up a platform for the masses to reflect upon this issue and elucidate the concept, idea, and philosophy of the UCC. In consonance with the same, the outcomes of the conference would help to disseminate the further repercussions and implement this vital issue of concern.
The major theme of the conference is “Uniform Civil Code.” The conference is being organized to invite participants and experts in this field with their research papers on the following sub-themes:
- Uniform Civil Code: Need & Importance.
- Uniform Civil Code: Jurisprudential Aspect.
- Uniform Civil Code & plurality under Indian Constitution.
- Uniform Civil Code vis-a-vis Personal Laws.
- Uniform Civil Code and Indian Judiciary.
- Uniform Civil Code and Human Rights.
- Uniform Code vs. Common Code.
- Uniform Civil Code: Social Problem or Political Agenda?
Note: Any other topic related to the theme of the conference.
Call for Papers
Research papers are invited from academicians, legal practitioners, research scholars and students. The papers should be the author’s original work and should not be the repetition of any published work.
Upon selection of the abstract, the participants will be sent a registration link via e-mail through which they can register for the conference.
Students: Rs. 1500/-
Others: Rs. 2000/-
Note: The amount is inclusive of GST).
- The amount paid shall include – transportation (from city to college) and breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner.
- Co-authors have to register separately.
- Accommodation shall be provided to outstation participants on separate charges.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 18th November 2019
- Intimation of Abstract Selection: 25th November 2019
- Registration Date: 30th November 2019
- Last Date of Final Paper Submission: 12th January 2020
- Date of Conference: 18th – 19th January 2020
E-mail: [email protected]
Convenor: Mr. Ahmar Afaq, Faculty-in-charge, Centre for Human Rights
- KumkumMandhanya: 7093034613
- Mohd. Abdul Yousuf: 9182188109
- Bhavesh Goel: 9652300525