JOB POST: Project Coordinator at Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice :
Last date to apply June 7
About the organisation
The Ministry of Law and Justice in the Government of India is a cabinet ministry which deals with the management of the legal affairs, legislative activities and administration of justice in India through its three departments namely the Legislative Department and the Department of Legal Affairs and Department of Justice respectively.
Department of Justice seeks to engage personnel on a contract basis, initially for a period of up to March 2020 (which may be extended on need basis) for State Project Team being set up at State Legal Services Authorities (SLSA).
Project Coordinator on a contractual basis with the Department of Justice, Government of India under the Access to Justice Project.
Job Profile of Project Coordinator
- Implement activities undertaken by the Department of Justice (DoJ), Government of India, under the guidance of Program Management Team(PMT) of Access to Justice (North East and Jammu and Kashmir) Project and Member Secretary, State Legal Services Authority (hereinafter SLSA).
- Networking with the State agencies/Departments to initiate work with them, on the issues related to the Access to Justice.
- Coordination with the various agencies including the State Resource Center, State Institute of Rural Development, Universities, Women Commissions, Departments, etc. in the State, for monitoring of the project activities.
- Support and assist the Project Management Team (PMT) at the Department of Justice, New Delhi for planning, coordination, monitoring and implementation of Project activities.
- Submit a monthly report to Member Secretary, SLSA and to Project Management Team at the Department of Justice by 5th of every month.
- Undertake field visits to track progress made in the implementation of the Project or to monitor the activities of stakeholders under the project and take corrective action in consultation with the DoJ as required.
- Documentation of lessons learnt and best practices related to access to justice issues in the State.
- Facilitate assistance and guidance to the project.
- Maintain Accounts and prepare Utilization Certificates (UCs) related to the under the supervision of the Member Secretary, SLSA.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Project Management Team and Member Secretary, SLSA to ensure proper implementation of the Project.
- The extension of services will be based on satisfactory performance of the above-stated roles of the Project Coordinator.
Number of Vacancies
7 (one each for Kohima, Guwahati, Aizawl, Itanagar, Gangtok, Shillong, Jammu & Srinagar)
- Kohima, Nagaland
- Guwahati, Assam
- Aizawl, Mizoram
- Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
- Gangtok, Sikkim
- Shillong, Meghalaya
- Jammu & Srinagar
Degree in Law, Sociology, Public Administration, Economics, Social Work, Political Science.
Desirable: Post Graduation or Masters degree in Social Work, Management.
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of experience in project implementation/management.
Rs. 45,000 per month
How to apply-
Eligible candidates may send their applications by 7th June 2019, in prescribed format with self-attested copies of certificates, qualification and experience only through email email@example.com.
Physical applications, Applications received incomplete or after due date shall not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be intimated.