“Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System: National & International Commitments”
9th and 10th of March 2019
School of Legal Studies, Babu Banarsi Das University, Lucknow.
School of Legal Studies, Babu Banarsi Das University is organizing two days International Seminar On Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System: National & International Commitments on 9th and 10th of March 2019.
Eminent personalities from various spheres of legal profession will be attending the seminar to share their perspective and expertise on the issue to be discussed. Through this seminar, we aspire to generate interest, enhance and leverage the understanding of the students in the ongoing dialogue of criminal law and administration of criminal justice system and its intricate dynamics. The objectives of the seminar are to provide a platform to students of various law schools and members of the allied disciplines to have qualified discussions on various themes revolving around the topic.
This seminar will provide an opportunity to bring together the curious and inquisitive students to the legal luminaries and professionals who are involved in the area of criminal law. The seminar will be an educative event consisting of invited talks and panel discussions to galvanize the targeted aware citizens for the benefit of the criminal justice system prevailing in the country.
THEME & SUB-THEMES
I. CRIME AGAINST WOMEN
1. Causes of Crime Against Women.
2. Feminism, its kinds and Feminist Awakening.
3. Harassment at workplace.
4. Domestic Violence.
5. Rape and Assault (Rape Amendment Law)
- Custodial Rape
- Marital Rape
- Rape Amendment laws OR RAPE LAWS IN INDIA
6. Dowry Death.
7. Female Foeticide and Infanticide.
8. Female Genital Mutilation and the laws.
9. Human Trafficking & Prostitution.
10. Devdasi System in India- Historical Background and Supreme Court’s stance on it.
11. Cyber Crimes against women and prevention.
12. Insult to Modesty.
13. Prevention of crimes against women in India and its challenges.
14. Termination of pregnancy- Forced Abortion.
15. Laws relating to Obscenity and indecent Representation of Women.
16. Prevention of crimes against women- International Commitments.
17. Lacunas in investigation and trail procedure of rape survivor and victims of other forms of abuse.
18. Reflection of Judicial Sensitivity- Role of Judiciary in prevention of crimes against women.
19. Recommendation on Women’s Access to Justice.
II. CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
- Justice To Victims & Fair Trial
2. Rights Of Accused
3. Reformation Of Criminal Justice System
4. Moral Policing In India
5. Dilemmas in criminology and criminal justice.
6. Criminal Justice technology in 21st century- crime prevention and policing
7. Trends and issues in crime and criminal justice
8. Contemporary crime discourse and depiction.
9. Criminal jurisprudence in India in wake of Supreme Court judgments and technological advancements.
10. Jurisprudence aspect of theories of punishment in modern days
11. Hostile Witness
III. TRADITIONAL AND NEW CRIME
1. White Collar Crimes
2. Police Atrocities
3. Honour Killing
4. Race, Ethnicity, social structure and crime.
5. Organised Crimes
6. Economic Crimes
7. Technology, crime and its changing patterns.
8. Cross border and Transnational Crimes: Complexities
IV. CRIME RELATING TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Cyber Crimes In India In Consonance With Laws Of Developed Countries
2. Cyberterrorism/ Hate Speech On Social Media & Its Conviction As Per Indian Criminal Law
3. Technology crime related to online games
V. CONSTITUTIONAL CHALENGES
5. Section 377 I.P.C, Section 497 and LGBT Rights
6. Transgender Bill, 2018
VI. CRIME AND PUNISHMENT REVISON
1. Juvenile Delinquency
2. Capital Punishment- Abolishment Of Death Penalty
3. Criminalization Or Decriminalization Of Attempt To Suicide In India (Section 309 I.P.C)
4. Custodial Torture
VII. LAW AND PSYCHOLOGY
1. Psychology and Crime
2. Psychology and Criminals
There shall be the awards for the Best Presentations. The winners will be awarded with Trophies, Certificates and the cash prize.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Indian as well as foreigner Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalist, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers; Research Scholars and Students from various fields, allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the seminar.
How to Participate?
Authors may send their abstract at firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Authorship up to a maximum of four authors is allowed.
The abstract should not exceed 350 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
· Title of the Paper
· Name of the Author(s)
· Name of the Institute
· E-mail Address
· Postal Address
· Contact number
The registration fee including registration kit, lunch, tea break, etc., excluding the accommodation, is as follows:
(1) For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,000/-
(2) For Participant – Rs 750/-
(1) For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,500/-
(2) For Participant – Rs 1,250/-
(1) For Paper presentation (student)- 1,500/-
(2) For Paper Presentation (professionals)- 2,000/-
Once the payment has been made, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it along with the scanned copy of the registration form to email@example.com separate registration needs to be done for co-authors.
TIMELINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
- Submission of Abstracts by: 31stJanuary, 2019
- Notification of selected Abstracts: 2ndFebruary, 2019
- Submission of full papers by: 28thFebruary, 2019
- Notification of selected papers: 03rdMarch, 2019
- Last date for Registration via E-Mail: 04thMarch 2019
- International Seminar Date: 09th-10thMarch 2019
Shri Akhilesh Das Gupta Auditorium,
Babu Banarsi Das University,
Mrs. Alka Das, Chairperson, Babu Banarsi Das Group, Lucknow.
Head & Dean:
Dr. (Prof.) T.N. Prasad, School of Legal Studies, Babu Banarsi Das University, Lucknow.
Seminar Co-Coordinator: Dr. Deepti Singh, Associate Professor
Mobile No.: (+91)-9129495447; 7295903697
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For Brochure, CLICK HERE
For Registration Form, CLICK HERE
“LawOF is proud to be the media partner for this event”