Essay Contest: Nappert Prize in International Arbitration
FOR YOUR KIND REFERENCE, SHORT DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS:
WHAT: Essay Contest
DEADLINE: April 30, 2016
Thanks to the generosity of Sophie Nappert (BCL’86, LLB’86), the Nappert Prize in International Arbitration will be awarded for the second time in 2016 after an enormously sucessful inaugurual competition in 2014.
The Nappert Competition is open to all students, junior scholars and junior practitioners from around the world. To be eligible for the prize, authors must be either currently enrolled in a B.C.L, LL.B., J.D., LL.M., D.C.L., or Ph.D. program (or their local equivalents). Those who are no longer in school must have taken their most recent degree within the last three years, or have been admitted to the bar (or the local equivalent) for no more than three years (whichever is later).
- First place: Can $4,000;
- Second place: Can. $2,000;
- Third place: Can $1,000.
Winning one of the awards will also carry with it the presentation of the paper at a symposium to be held at McGill in autumn 2016 (the expenses of the winners for attending the symposium will be covered). The precise date of the symposium will be fixed in the coming months. The best oralist will receive an award of Can. $1,000.
- must relate to commercial or investment arbitration;
- must be unpublished (not yet submitted for publication) as of April 30;
- must be a maximum of 15,000 words (including footnotes);
- can be written in English or in French;
- should use OSCOLA or some other well-established legal citation guide (e.g. McGill Red Book; Bluebook);
- must be in MS Word format.
Jurors for the 2016 competition will be:
- Sébastien Besson, Partner, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler, Geneva
- Chester Brown, Professor of International Law and International Arbitration, The University of Sydney Faculty of Law
- José Feris, Deputy Secretary-General, ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris
- Henry Gao, Associate Professor, Singapore Management University
- Meg Kinnear, Secretary-General, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes, Washington, DC
- Cesar Pereira, Partner, Justen, Pereira, Oliveira, and Talamini, São Paolo
- Abby Cohen Smutny, Partner, White & Case LLP, Washington, DC
SUBMISSIONS ARE TO BE EMAILED TO:
Camille Marceau Camille.Marceau@mail.mcgill.ca, as an attached file before April 30, 2016. Submissions should be accompanied by a statement affirming the author’s eligibility for the competition, confirmation that the work is original to the author, and confirmation of the unpublished status of the paper.
Review of the papers will start after April 30.
More news in the archive.
FOR FUTHER DETAILS, Click HERE
DISCLAIMER: The Contents of this Website are informative only and for the benefit of the general public. Even though every care has been taken to ensure the correctness of information and procedure, the www.lawof.in is not responsible for any inadvertent errors and the same may please be brought to the notice through e-mail: email@example.com