Department of Law, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra is organizing “National Moot Court Competition on Feb. 09, 2019. Deadline: 30th Jan., 2019
About Department of Law
Department of Law was established in 1969 as the first Department of Law in the State of Haryana to impart legal education and to conduct original and fundamental research in the contemporary areas of law and allied subjects. Since its inception, very renowned, eminent and outstanding scholars have headed the Department.
Department of Law offers LL.B. (3 year) Professional course, LLM (2 year) course and Ph.D. programme. A great number of students of the department have qualified the JRF, NET and also have been selected/elevated to teaching, higher judicial and administrative services. Some of the publications published by the members of the teaching faculty have got national as well as international appreciation. Besides this, Department has organized a number of Seminars on important themes particularly on contemporary issues of law. Visiting fellows are invited from different Universities for special & guest lectures from time to time. The faculty members are publishing text and research books in the field of law and researching on contemporary areas of law. Department is also publishing Kurukshetra Law Journal (Refereed Journal) and contributing a lot of novice articles for intellectuals. In the year 2018 Faculty of Law has been declared as National Resource Centre (Law) by ministry of human Resource and Development(MHRD)
The prime objective of the department is to achieve academic excellence in the teaching and legal research and to inculcate & promote the legal education in the country. The department has achieved the place as a centre of national & international legal research and studies, in which the students, lawyers, judges, government officials and academicians have been participating.
DATE, TIME AND VENUE OF MOOT COURT COMPETITION
Department of Law, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra is organising National Moot Court Competition, on February 9, 2019 at the Department of Law, University Campus, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana – 136119.
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPOSITION OF TEAM
- This competition is strictly restricted for law students pursuing LL.B. (3 years) Professional Course or B.A. LL.B. (five years) course from any Educational Institution/University in India, recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The students who are currently pursuing their study in Law (i.e. 3 years or 5 years law courses) are only eligible to participate in the competition. The students who have already completed their degree are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Maximum three members and minimum two members are allowed in a team. In a team consisting of two members, both members are designated as speakers and none of the member in the team shall be allowed to act as researcher.
- In a team consisting of 3 members, 2 members shall be designated as speakers and 3rd shall be designated as researcher.
- Only one team can be registered from a particular law school/college/ institution/university with the authority letter from the Head of the Department.
- Only the members in the team designated as speakers will be permitted to put forth oral arguments in the competition.
- Submission of Registration Form in Soft Copy:
All the participating Institutions/Departments have to confirm participation by sending a soft copy of duly filled Registration Form (Annexure – I) by sending email at email@example.com on or before 20th January, 2019.
- Submission of Registration Form in Hard Copy:
Hard copy of the Registration form must reach to the Department of Law, Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra on or before 30th January, 2019 through Indian Speed Post on the address given below:
Dr. Monika Malik
Convener, Moot Court Committee
Department of Law
Kurukshetra – 136119
The teams shall solely be responsible for any delay caused due to delay in receipt of Registration Form through speed post.
- Allotment of Team Code:
Every team which has got registered for the competition by complying with the rules and regulations of registration will be allotted a Code and that Code will be communicated through the same mail to the respective Institution. Once the Code is allotted, every team must use the Code assigned, for any further communication with the Department during the course of the competition.
- Change in Composition of Team:
If any change in team composition is made by any institution at a later stage before the actual date of competition, it must be intimated to the organisors i.e. Department of Law, K.U.K. at the earliest but not later than Feb. 05, 2019. Further, the change must be accompanied with a freshly filled Registration Form and an authority letter duly signed by the Head of the Institution.
- Registration Fee:
The participating Team has to pay INR 500/- as registration fee. The link for online payment will be sent to the Registered teams by 15th January, 2019 through e-mail. Details of payment should be sent to the Department of Law, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra latest by 25th January, 2019. Non-payment of Registration Fees shall result in cancellation of Registration and the team will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
- For Boys – White formal shirt with black formal pants and a black blazer; and
- For Girls – White formal shirt with black formal pants/black formal skirt and a black blazer or Indian formals.
Any enquiry/clarification related to the Moot Court Problem can be sought from the organisors by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th January, 2019.
FOR MOOT PROBLEM, RULES & REGISTRATION FORM, CLICK HERE
Dr. Kailash Chander Sharma Patron
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE OF NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION
Prof. Dalip Kumar – Director
Dr. Monika – Convener, E-mail: email@example.com Mobile: 9416318229, 9896120274
Dr. Sushila Chauhan – Organizing Secretary
Dr. C.R. Jilova – Member
Ms. Promila – Member
Dr. Preeti Bhardwaj –Member