Call for Paper
Army Institute of Law
Journal (Volume XII)
About AIL Journal
Journal of Army Institute of Law [ISSN No:0975-8208] is a faculty run, peer reviewed law journal published annually. The journal is an endeavor to enhance awareness on contemporary legal issues, engage in multi-disciplinary study, and to analyze the various issues that shows the dynamism of law. The journal seeks to provide a platform to academicians, professionals and research scholars, and students to contribute in multi-disciplinary discussions on the themes of law, justice, and society. The journal is guided by an editorial committee.
The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes the submission of original articles, research papers, book reviews, and comments for its upcoming Volume XII, Issue 2019. The contributions can be in any area/branch of Law discussing legal issues/ engaging in multi-disciplinary study.
It is an excellent opportunity for intellectuals to express innovative and practical writings, discuss challenges, latest developments and reformative solutions that can contribute further in the area of law and research. The erudite response of legal luminaries shall be solicited to enable the readers to explore challenges that lie before legislators, lawyers and the society at large, in the event of the ever changing social, economic and technological scenario.
All submissions (in soft copy) must reach the editor latest by 20th October 2018. You can visit the AIL website (www.ail.ac.in), for submission to be adopted for publication in the Journal and also for previous editions.
The soft copy of the contributions is to be forwarded at email@example.com. All subscriptions and correspondence concerning the Journal should be sent to the Editor: Dr. Puja Jaiswal, Assistant Professor of Law, Army Institute of Law, Mohali.
Guidelines for Submission
1. All manuscripts must be accompanied by:
a. A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), official designation institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (correspondence address, email, phone number etc).
b. A Certificate that the paper submitted is a piece of original and bonafide research work and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
c. An abstract of not more than 200 words describing the submission.
2. Contributions should be in English language only and in conformity with AIL’s scheme and style.
3. Electronic submissions (on website or email) should ideally be made in Word Format (doc)/(docx).
4. Text and citations should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th edition). This mode of citation must be strictly followed otherwise the paper shall not be considered for publication.
5. The submission of papers is open only for Teachers/Academicians/Professionals and Ph.D. Research Scholars. Students can only be a co-author with Teachers/Academicians/Professionals.
6. No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, the name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
7. The word limit (inclusive of footnotes) mentioned as under must be strictly
Article/Research Papers: The word limit is between 4,000 to 6,000
Notes and comments: The word limit is upto 3,000 words.
Book Review: The word limit is upto 2,500 words.
8. The Journal encourages gender neutrality in its submissions.
9. The articles in the Journal shall be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.
10. In case of book reviews, two copies of the book are to be sent.
11. In case of references from websites, complete URL address, along with the last date of accessing the website should be mentioned.
12. Contributions to the journal shall be evaluated by the nominated Referees.
13. Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university/institution, designation, or any other personal information.
14. Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
15. Copy right of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the Army Institute of Law. The submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to AIL on its publication in the journal.
16. Author/s are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts, graphs etc.
17. Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscripts to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication. Authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
18. In case the article is not published, then the author shall be intimated by the Institute through e-mail and he/she may then send it for publication elsewhere.
19. Mere submission of a contribution shall not confer any claim for publication. The Editorial Board reserves all rights to take decision to publish the contribution or not. The Board’s decision as regards the interpretation of guidelines or any other matter related to the publication shall be final.
20. Author/s are requested to verify references and quotations before submitting the manuscripts. Soft copy of the contributions should be emailed to at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Author shall be entitled to one copy of the journal in case of publication.
Procedure For Acceptance
1. On receipt of the contribution, the Editorial Board shall screen it to satisfy itself about the conformity of the contribution with the AIL conditions and policy for submission of the manuscripts.
2. The screened work shall be assessed by the nominated referees.
3. A contribution recommended by the referee as fit for publication as such or recommended for publication with necessary amendments, if any, shall be considered for publication after the author would submit the amended paper accordingly. The author will be given two weeks to carry out changes thus suggested.
Note: Soft copy of the contributions must be e-mailed by Oct. 20 th 2018 at
Editor- AIL Journal:
Dr. Puja Jaiswal,
Assistant Professor of Law,
Army Institute of Law, Sector-68,
Mr. Vaibhav Latiyan-07529839664
Ms. Vidhatri Bharti -08146945100
For More Details, Click here