Call for Papers: Journal of Law & Gender [Volume 1] by NLIU, Bhopal :
Submit by Jan 25, 2020
About the Organisation
The National Law Institute University (NLIU) is a law school and centre for research located in Bhopal, India. Established in 1997 by the State of Madhya Pradesh, it is one of the first three law schools to have been established under the National Law School system.
About the Journal
NLIU JOURNAL OF LAW AND GENDER is the first edition of the gender-related journal is an interdisciplinary journal and offers a forum for critical research on the interplay of contemporary issues in gender-related laws, both from an academic and social perspective. Along with exploring the various problems and challenges that affect the gender issue, the Journal attempts to explore and offer workable solutions, which may be helpful in regulatory and policy decisions.
The Editorial Board welcomes submissions of original articles, comments and discussion within the aim and scope of the Journal for Volume I. It is the first edition of student-edited law journal with an aim to promote a culture of scholarly research and academic writing among students by publishing articles of subjects of interest to the legal profession and academia
Law students pursuing the three-year LLB, as well as the five years integrated LLB program, students pursuing LLM or PhD, Research Associates, Academicians, Educators, practitioners and professionals interested or involved in the area are eligible to submit.
The paper submissions by the writer(s) must strictly conform to originality within the broad theme of “Jurisprudential trends of Law and Society and its interplay with the Gender Spectrum”. A suggestive list of topics has been provided below in order to aid the writer(s); however, they are free to write on any issues within the main theme.
- The critical analysis of the practical implementation of the ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.’
- Historical Legal trends in Gender issues
- Gender and Educational Institutions, Campus and Curricula
- The stigma of the LGBTQ+ and the effect on the legal spectrum
- Gender disparities in power and pay
- Human Right violations of women in India
- Amendment to cure lacunae in women-centric laws
- Critical Analysis of the recent Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be within 5000-10,000 words long. The manuscripts under this category must be of highly analytical nature where the writers(s) arrive at a definite conclusion pertaining to the topic.
- Case comments: Manuscripts under this category should be within 2000-5000 words long.
- Book review: Manuscripts under this category should be within 1000-3000 words long.
- Essay: Manuscripts under this category should be within 3000-5000 words long.
- Each manuscript must contain an abstract of not more than 250 words.
Please note that the submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- The Article should be on A4 sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.5 line Spacing, justified and 1-inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in font size 10 and with single line spacing.
- The Authors should conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation or Standard Indian Legal Citation (SILC).
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address in the covering letter for the submission. The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission.
- Each submission may have up to two authors.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection.
- The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be final.
- The Journal publishes only original and unpublished material. Manuscripts must therefore not, at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, be considered for publication in any other place, nor published beforehand.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information.
The original manuscripts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2020 BY 11:59 PM. The email must contain the manuscript in .doc/docx format.
The email must also contain a cover letter containing the name(s) of the authors, their designation, the institution, along with a declaration about the originality of the manuscript.
Convener: Ishani Singh (8770255325)
Co-Convener: Ishan Chauhan (7748848807)