Article Writing Competition
in collaboration with ProBono India:
Submit by April 30
About the Organisations
ProBono India is India’s first platform that started in 2016 and which focuses on highlighting all legal aid and awareness activities around the world on one platform. It is a platform which provides free legal aid service to serve the needs of people.
The Society of Law and Literature, National Law University Odisha, Cuttack was established in the year 2020. The objectives of the Society are to create an atmosphere where literature is to be read and promoted through artwork, theatre, article writing, article/book review, film making, street play and the analysis of the literary aspect of judgments, to publish a cumulative research paper inclusive of new findings and the emerging topics by bridging the gap between literature and law and to create a forum where literary activities can be conducted and promoted.
About the Competition
The Society of Law and Literature, National Law University Odisha, Cuttack is pleased to announce its first collaboration with ProBono India with regards to the Article Writing Competition on the tentative theme “Teaching of Legal Language in Indian Law Schools needs Urgent Attention”.
- Students of Five/Three Years’ law, LL.M., M Phil, PhD can participate in the said competition. Only one co-author is allowed.
- The word limit for an article should be between 1200 to 1500 words.
- Font type should be Times New Roman, Heading size is 14, Text size is 12, Spacing is 1.5, Footnote is size 10, and no spacing is allowed.
- All references are to be mentioned in the footnote and using OSCOLA referencing style only. Any plagiarised article will be outrightly rejected.
- The cover page must contain Name, Affiliation, Mobile Number, and E-mail ID.
- The article is to be submitted to [email protected] marking a cc to [email protected] by April 30, 2020.
- The result will be declared on May 31, 2020.
- 10 best articles will be compiled and published on the website of National Law University, Odisha and ProBono India. 3 of the best articles will be given a certificate of merit and all participants will get a certificate of participation.
- Mukesh Kumar, convenor of the Society of Law and Literature (8077806022)
- Aayush Akar, co-convenor of the Society of Law and Literature (7014286027)