4th Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University National Moot Court Competition on Constitutional Law
from 4th–6th October 2019 at Dehradun.
ELIGIBILITY & TEAM COMPOSITION
1. Students pursuing the three or the five year LL.B. course from any law school/college/university in India recognized by the Bar Council of India (hereinafter BCI) are eligible to participate. Students pursuing their LL.M. may also participate if they are not enrolled as advocates with the BCI.
2. Law schools/colleges/universities are entitled to nominate only one team.
3. Teams shall comprise of a maximum of 3 (two designated as oralists and one as researcher) and a minimum of 2 (both designated as oralists) members. No additional person is allowed to accompany the team.
LANGUAGE, DRESS CODE AND CONDUCT
1. The official language of the competition shall be English.
2. The participants must adhere to standards of conduct and dress as high as those required of a lawyer engaged in the practice of law in India, however, use of robes and/or collars is not permitted.
1. The registration fee per team is INR 5000. Teams must make the payment of the aforesaid amount only upon selection of their memorials after the Memorial Elimination round in a mode prescribed by the administrators.
2. Teams may register themselves online provisionally at http://lcdmcs.com/reg and must complete their final registration by filling out the Final Registration form through the same link, latest by Tuesday, 7 August 2019 (23:59 hrs. IST)
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND CONVEYANCE
1. Accommodation and Food shall be provided to all teams from the evening of Friday, Friday, 4 October 2019 to the morning of Monday, 6 October, 2019. Teams who intend to arrive prior to or leave after the specified dates are required to inform the administrators in advance.
2. Conveyance to and from the venue shall be provided to all the teams. The teams must submit their travel plan online at http://lcdmcs.com/reg upon confirmation of their selection after the Memorial Elimination round.
CLARIFICATIONS REGARDING MOOT PROPOSITION & RULES
1. Clarifications regarding the Moot Proposition or the Rules may be requested online at http://lcdmcs.com/contact latest by Wednesday, 7 August 2019 (23:59 hours IST). 2. Teams are also advised to check out our FAQs at http://lcdmcs.com/faq
1. The team with the maximum score in the final round will be declared as the “Winning Team” and shall be awarded a trophy & a cash prize of INR 25,000/- whereas the team with the second highest score in the final round will be declared as the “Runners up Team” and shall be awarded a trophy & a cash prize of INR 15,000/-.
2. The two speakers (one male and one female) with the maximum score in the Preliminary Rounds will be declared the “Best Oralist – Male/Female” and shall be awarded a trophy and a cash prize of INR 5,000/- each.
3. The team with the maximum Memorial scores shall be awarded a trophy and a cash prize of INR 5,000/-.
4. The person securing maximum marks in the Researchers’ Test shall be awarded trophy and a cash prize of INR 5,000/-.
5. Certificates and a memoir shall be awarded to all participating teams. Certificates shall also be awarded to teams that do not qualify the Memorial Elimination Round if so recommended by the Memorial Review Board on basis of the quality of their memorials. Some surprise gifts may also be awarded. XIV.
SCHEDULE OF THE COMPETITION
- Release of Moot Proposition 6 JUNE 2019
- Deadline for registration (www.lcdmcs.com/reg) and clarifications 12 AUGUST 2019
- Deadline for submission of soft copy of Memorials on firstname.lastname@example.org 9 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Result of Memorial Elimination Round 16 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Deadline for payment of fee (with receipt to be uploaded on www.lcdmcs.com/reg) and travel & accommodation form (same link) 23 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Deadline for submission of hard copies of memorials (4 each, 8 total) 4 OCTOBER 2019
Moot Court Society Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University Dehradun – 248007, Uttarakhand
For more details visit: WWW.LCDMCS.COM or write to us on: email@example.com or contact:
Ms. Anna Anu Priya President, MCS: +91 704600499, +91 8294061988
Ms. Rashi Jha Convener, MCS: +91 6398604676
Mr. Mohd. Danish Khan Head (Hospitality & Logistics),
MCS: +91 7351879217