Seminar on Social Justice for the Child
@ Law Centre – I University of Delhi [March 20]:
Submit by Feb 29
ABOUT THE ORGANISER
Established in the year 1970, Law Centre – I is a premier unit under the aegis of the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi. The motto of Law Centre – I is ‘Educate, Evolve, Excel’. Keeping in view this motto, it focuses on holistic development of its students, teachers and non-teaching staff.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR SERIES
Law Centre – I is pleased to invite papers from law students, law professors and legal professionals for the ‘Seminar on Social Justice for the Child: Complexities of Protection in Law’ organised as part of the year-long Golden Jubilee Celebrations commemorating the fifty years of Centre’s contribution to excellence in legal education since 1970.
This Seminar is part of the Seminar Series on Social Justice scheduled to be held from February to March 2020 at the Moot Court Hall, Umang Bhawan, Law Centre – I. The Series has been envisioned by Justice Mr. Madan B. Lokur (Retd.), former Judge of Supreme Court; Prof. Dr Ved Kumari, Professor at Law Centre I and former Dean of Faculty of Law; and Prof. Dr Sarbjit Kaur, the Professor-in-Charge of Law Centre I.
The seminar would have a plenary session of the expert speakers followed with sessions on decided sub-topics under the Theme. There will be time at each session to raise questions for two-way participation and learning. This call encourages submissions on the following sub-topics (although not restricted to the sub-topics):
- Girl Child – Survival and Development
- Juvenile Justice Boards: Much more to do
- Preliminary assessment and trial of children as adults – Primary Issues
- Care Homes: Effective Protection and Care?
- Rights under the Convention on Rights of Child – Mechanism for Redressal
- Intra and Inter-country Adoption: Safeguards and Challenges
- Child Marriage: Prevention and Prohibition
- Child Labour – Regulation and Prohibition
- Education for Children – Compulsory and Tertiary
Students, Scholars, Professional, Academic Community from all over India with interest in the given themes are invited to participate in the Seminar and present their paper.
There is no registration fee for the Seminar Series.
Abstracts deadline: February 29, 2020
Communication of selected abstracts: March 3, 2020
Full-Length Paper submission: March 14, 2020
- Abstracts should not exceed 500 (five hundred only) words and must indicate the Seminar theme, sub-theme, key arguments and 5 (five) keywords.
- Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (recommend 4th edition of the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities OSCOLA, available here.
- Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents (.docx), with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Dr. Upendra Nath, Assistant. Professor, +919807754536
- Dr. Gurpreet Singh, Assistant Professor, +919877748320
- Dr. Ravindra Kumar, Assistant Professor, +919140654195
- Ms. Shilpi, Assistant Professor, +919711921869