Seminar on International Trade and Investment Law @ ICFAI, Hyderabad [Jan 11, 2020]: Submit by Nov 29
About the Organizer
ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad – The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad, a Deemed University established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 and accredited by the UGC NAAC with “A” Grade. IFHE offers Management, Engineering and Law Courses.
The ICFAI Law School, IFHE, Hyderabad is a promising destination for the students desirous of making law as their dream “Career”. The ICFAI Law School (ILS) is a significant segment of the IFHE and recognized by the Bar Council of India.
About the Seminar
ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad is organising a two day National Seminar on International Trade and Investment Law on 11th January 2020.
Trading activity and investments with other countries is a phenomenon of survival. It is evidenced by the history of International trade which reveals the survival of the fittest against the odds such as natural disasters, war, economic crisis, undemocratic governance, etc.
Many times, the unequal level fields in trading have imbalanced the global economies resulting in dominant and dormant trade and business regime.
The trade platforms with unequal resources and opportunities are shadowed by the superpowers involved in trade-wars throwing the developing and underdeveloped nations into further economic crisis.
International Trade Law is dynamic, addressing various issues in this direction to showcase futuristic and full-fledged platforms for efficient trade. But, as we progress it appears to be a myth under the present fast-changing business and trade environment. International trade is a pivotal instrument for bringing nations together to resolve the issues relating to poverty, health and safe and secure living.
So the whole concept/theme of the conference is to identify those overlapping issues, the interplay between trade and investments, the different needs of a particular region and the effectiveness of the dispute resolution mechanism in settling the issues.
- Sustainable Economic Development & Foreign investments
- World Economics and Ease of Doing Business
- Nexus between International and Domestic Trade laws
- Role of Intermediaries in International Trade & Investments
- Overlapping issues between trade and investment regimes
- Investment Regulations and the role of International Organizations
- FTAs, BITs and their impact
- Trade-War and Investments
- Regional Blocs: Their Role, Regional Disparities, Political Conflicts and other Issues
- Arbitration and Dispute Settlement in International Trade
- Interplay between Intellectual Property Rights and Investments
- New Opportunities and Challenges in International Investments – A way forward
The list above is only suggestive but not exhaustive. The participants may submit their research papers within the broad areas of the theme of the conference. The Seminar invites original research papers from academicians, advocates, industry experts, management sciences, students of law and all those related to the field.
Call for Papers
The last date for submission of abstracts is on or before 29th November 2019. The abstract should be of 300 – 400 words and must be accompanied by a cover page consisting of the author’s details.
Submit your Abstract and Full papers to firstname.lastname@example.org. All the accepted full papers will be published in ISBN Book.
- Abstract submission: 29th November 2019
- Abstract acceptance intimation: 05th December 2019
- Full paper submission: 20th December 2019
For Academicians and industry experts:
- With Accommodation: Rs: 2500/-
- Without Accommodation: Rs: 1500/-
For Students and Research Scholars:
- With Accommodation: Rs: 2000/-
- Without Accommodation: Rs: 1000/-
Branch: Panjagutta, Hyderabad
Account Name: IFHE-Seminars & Workshops A/c
Account Number: 020201007037
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Number: ICIC0000202
Branch Code: 202
Coordinator: Dr.Ramadevi G
Mobile number: 8897346660
Co-coordinator: Ms. A R Rajeswari
Mobile number: 9848649411