Legal Advisor @ Board of Control for Cricket in India, Mumbai: Apply by June 16
The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
The Board is looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who will be responsible for attending to all legal matters of the Board and provide legal advice to the Board.
Post: Legal Advisor
The Legal Advisor will report to the Senior Legal Advisor.
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing, analyzing and vetting various contracts to be entered into by the Board, which would include player Agreements, agreements with team support staff, agreements with employees and retainers, vendor agreements, commentator contracts, service contracts, media rights agreements, tender documents, non-disclosure agreements, crew contracts, venue agreements etc. Ensuring that the said agreements follow internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing, analyzing and vetting legal notices, responses, communications to governmental and government associated authorities, media advisories, etc.
- Liaise internally to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken. Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Legal research.
- Handling, supervising and ensuring the maintenance of the intellectual property of the Board.
- Monitoring changes in laws and regulations that concern or may concern the Board and taking appropriate action that may be required.
- To assist with all litigation and dispute resolution matters and review ongoing legal cases filed by/against the Board and advice management accordingly.
- To draft legal notices for to defaulting parties and issuing reminders thereof and identify when to initiate legal proceedings.
- To brief external legal counsel in various matters and to appear before various judicial or quasi-judicial authorities
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Education: Should be a law graduate from a reputed institution.
Experience: Minimum PQE of 2 years as a legal advisor/associate/officer in a law firm or as an in-house counsel.
Knowledge & skills:
- Risk Assessment: Should be able to identify and give an opinion on potential legal risks and violations.
- Knowledge: Updated knowledge and interest in the ever-changing legal landscape.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with others to achieve business and department objectives.
- Problem Solving: The ability to present solutions make the best decision under pressure.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication in the English language including report-writing skills.
- Time Management: Excellent time management skills, multi-tasking and the ability to work to deadlines.
How to apply?
Applications should be submitted by 11.59 pm on June 16, 2019, at recruitment[at]bcci.tv.
Candidate applying for the post should mention ‘Application for Legal Advisor’ in the subject line.
After screening/shortlisting of applications, the candidates may be called for personal interviews in Mumbai, for further evaluation.