Two-Days NationalConference on Crime Against Women
@ Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College, Mangalore [Dec 14-15]:
Submit by Nov 30
About the Organisation
SDM Law College, or in its full name Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College, is a law school located in Kodialbail, Mangalore, Karnataka, India. It is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University.
About the Conference
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College in association with National Commissions for Women presents a two-days National Conference on Crime Against Women: Laws and its Implementation.
The objectives of the conference
- To view the laws existing in India to curb crimes against women.
- To address the issues related to challenges faced during investigation, prosecution and trial of crimes against women.
- To address the issues regarding the rehabilitation of victims of crime.
Who can Participate
Academicians, Social Workers, Social Activists, Lawyers, Students, Research Scholars, Personnel from Corporates, Professionals, etc. from various fields of social work and/or law, allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields.
Call for papers
Papers are invited for presentation in the Conference. The original manuscript must be sent to [email protected]
The email must contain the manuscript in .doc/docx format. The email must also contain a covering letter containing the name(s) of the author(s), designation, the institution, the course and the year of study along with a declaration about the originality of the manuscript.
- Abstract: Each manuscript must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words inclusive of keywords.
- Articles: Each manuscript under this category should be within 4000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Co-authorship is allowed (maximum two).
- Should confirm to the standard laid down in The Bluebook (20th edition, 2015)
- The citation should be in the form of footnotes only.
- Last date to submit Abstract: November 30th 2019
- Last date to submit Full Paper: December 10th 2019
- Last date for Registration: December 5th 2019
- Date of Conference: 14th and 15th December 2019
Call for Short Film
Students are invited to produce a Short Film on the theme “Women as Victims of Terrorism”. The selected short film will be rewarded with attractive prizes and screened on the day of the conference. The same has to be submitted on or before 10th December 2019 for review before its screening. Find the guidelines for submission at Annexure-III.
- Students/Research scholars: Rs. 300/-
- Legal professionals: Rs. 500/-
- Academicians: Rs. 500/-
- NGO’S and others: Rs. 500/-
- Publication of Paper
Selected papers will be considered for publication in the form of a book with ISBN number. The authors of the selected papers may keep on developing the papers based on the feedback received during the Conference. The timeline for review of these papers will be communicated soon and need to comply with the plagiarism policy of the Institute.
The registration fee has to be paid through a DD to be drawn in favour of ‘Principal, SDM Law College, Mangaluru’ drawn on any nationalised bank.
Duly filled in registration form along with the Demand Draft details should be posted to the Faculty Convenor on or before 5th December 2019.
Ms. Suma Suresh Kogilgeri (9986866290)
Email: [email protected]
Secretary: Ms. Apeksha (8310404842)
Co-ordinator: Mr. Pavan B B (7349703980)