Two-Days International Conference on Human Rights & Business
@ Symbiosis Law School Hyderabad
[22 -23 Feb 2020]:
Submit by Dec 22.
About the Institute
The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is nurtured by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar (Chancellor Symbiosis International Deemed University) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’.
Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad is established in 2014 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in the education of Symbiosis International Deemed University, Pune.
About the Conference
Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad is organising a two-day International Conference on
Human Rights and Business at Symbiosis Law School Hyderabad. Symbiosis Law School
(SLS) Hyderabad is established in 2014 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and
excellence in the education of Symbiosis International Deemed University, Pune.
Centre for Human Rights of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad aims to spread awareness
and knowledge about Human Rights amongst the masse and to support and stand for the
rights of the marginalized communities in our society, through its research and developments in various fields of Human Rights.
Date of the Conference: 22nd and 23rd February 2020
The major theme of the conference is “Business and Human Rights”. The conference is being organized to invite participants and experts in this field with their papers on various sub-
themes, such as:
1. Business and compliance with Labour Rights and Standards.
2. Human Rights Due Diligence. – Human Rights Impact Assessments of Free Trade and
3. Corporate Activism and Human Rights.
4. Sexual Harassment, Gender Discrimination at workplace.
5. Business and Environment Laws.
6. Business, Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility.
7. Access to Justice for Human Rights Violations by Multi-national Corporations.
8. National Action Plans to implement UNGPs: Potential Pathways in India.
9. Challenges and opportunities on UNGPs implementation in the regions of Asia. –
Business and Extra-Territorial Responsibilities
Note: Researchers can choose any other sub-theme in consonance with the major theme of the conference.
Call for Papers and Participation:
Research papers are invited from academicians, legal practitioners, research scholars, and
students from all disciples. The papers should be the author’s original work and should not be the repetition of any published work.
Further, Representatives of Governments, Business, Industry Associations, Civil Society
Organizations, International and Regional Human Rights Bodies, and Affected Individuals
can also be a part of the discussion panels at this International Conference.
The manuscripts must be emailed at: converse[at]firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Date of Abstract Submission – 22nd December
- Intimation of Abstract Selection – 3rd January
- Registration Dates – 3rd January to 20th January
- Final Submission of Manuscripts – 17th February
- Date of the Conference – 22nd and 23rd February
- Upon selection of the abstract, the participants will be sent a registration link via e-mail
through which the participants can register for the conference.
The registration amount (Inclusive of applicable GST) for the Conference is:
a. Indian – Rs. 1500/-
b. International – USD 75
2. Other Delegates-:
a. Indian – Rs. 2000/-
b. International – USD 100
- The amount paid shall include: Conference kit Transportation (from city/airport to
college) Breakfast, Lunch, High Tea, Dinner (during the course of event).
- Co-Authors have to register separately.
- Accommodation will be provided to the participants with separate charges.
Convenor: Mr. Ahmar Afaq, Faculty-in-charge, Centre for Human Rights
1. Ayushi Mishra – 8466859684
2. Sweta Mishra – 7337582738
3. Meghna Saxena – 7417944869