National Symposium on Intellectual Property Rights @ Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
[22nd March, 2020]
Submit by Jan 25
About Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad is deeply invested in the upcoming educational zone with expertise in imparting quality legal education through competent and exceptionally qualified teaching staff, techno-driven research culture, internationalization, skill enhancement programs, moot courts and the like. It is committed to contribute to the justice mission of the state by initiating pro-bono activities to help poor and marginalized people through community lawyering, legal aid camps and permanent legal aid clinics. Further, it endeavours to create value conscious skilled lawyers with par excellence serving dynamic needs of the community through Bar and Bench.
The Centre for Intellectual Property Research and Advocacy- CIPRA is an integral part of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad established with the objective of developing research and advocacy skills in aspiring lawyers with special emphasis on Intellectual Property Rights and promoting knowledge of this emerging field of law. It actively involves students with different workshops, competitions, discussions and debates. In the span of less than a year, CIPRA has combined valuable work and contributed to the various communities of society and to the forum of Indian IPR, especially with regards to Geographical Indications.
About the Event
The National Symposium on Intellectual Property Rights“Changing Dynamics of IP for Development” will seek to reach students, professionals, and academicians from all over the country
Changing Dynamics of Intellectual Property for Development
Intellectual property is both a means and result of development, and a well-balanced IP system is the need of the hour. The changing dynamics of IP witnessed in the last decades require revisiting the existing legal regimes and to bring them in tune with the developmental agenda both nationally and internationally, in context of each of the different intellectual properties.
- Artificial Intelligence and IPR
- Patent and Technology Transfer
- Geographical Indication and Protection of Traditional knowledge
- Copyright and related rights
- Interface of Human Rights and IPR
- Business and IPR
CALL FOR PAPERS
CIPRA invites research papers for the aforementioned themes for presentation at the National Symposium. The sub-themes are merely suggestive and not exhaustive in nature, and participants may go beyond the sub-themes for their research.
Selected papers shall be published in the form of a book with an ISBN number.
TECHNICAL SESSIONS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS
The symposium will consist of panel discussions cum workshop by knowledgeable and eminent enthusiasts in the field of IPR to discuss both its legal and practical aspects. These panel discussions shall revolve around major themes in the field of IPR.
Academicians and Researchers Students enrolled in any law university, as well as other disciplines Individual Inventors and entrepreneurs Legal practitioners and industrial professional.
Once the Abstract is selected, participants will be sent registration link via e-mail. Registration Fee:
Rs. 1500 (for students outside SLS-H); Rs. 2250 (for co-authorship)
Rs. 2000 (for academicians and researchers),Rs. 3000 (for co-authorship)
Rs. 2500 (Industry professionals), Rs. 3500 (for co-authorship)
*The amount is inclusive of GST
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Limited number of accommodation is available on first cum first serve basis subjected to the payment. Lunch shall be provided to all delegates.
GUIDELINES FOR THE ABSTRACT
Abstract shall not exceed 500 words, and shall be accompanied by 4-5 key words.
GUIDELINES FOR THE PAPER
- The following submission guidelines are to be adhered to:
- All papers shall be submitted in the English language.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of 2 authors per submission.
- A cover page containing the Author Name, University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number shall be attached with the submission email, and the said details shall also be mentioned in the body of the email.
- All contributions must represent original ideas and interpretations coupled with critical evaluation and assessment.
- Word Limit: 4000-6000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier or should be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism shall result in immediate disqualification.
- Selected papers for presentation and participants of the symposium shall be asked to fill in a registration form after the communication of selection, or request to participate in the symposium.
- In case of co-authorship, at least one person must attend the symposium to make the presentation.
- Entries for the Symposium shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject title “Entry for National Symposium – [Name(s) of Author(s)]” in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The file name shall contain the full name/s of the author/s.
- Any queries regarding the event shall be addressed to email@example.com.
- Main body Font: Times New Roman, Size 12.
- Footnotes Font: Times New Roman, Size 10.
- Line spacing shall be 1.5 points for the main body, and 1 point for the footnotes.
- Alignment shall be Justified.
- One inch margin shall be maintained on all sides.
- Citations shall adhere to the Bluebook 20th Edition format for citation.
- Last date for abstract submission: 25th January, 2020
- Last date for Registration: 31st January, 2020
- Last date for submission of final paper: 29th February, 2020
- Date of the Symposium: 22nd March, 2020
Chief Patron – Professor (Dr.) Sarfaraz Ahmed Khan Patron – Dr. Anuradha Binnuri Research and publication Head – Professor (Dr.) Sripathi Dwarkanath Convener – Mrs. Dhanya K A, Faculty in Charge (CIPRA)
Rachel Mary Johnson – 9833232243 I Pranav Kapur – 7889113168