Short Story Writing Competition
IDIA Pune : Register by May 31
Online writing competition for Law Students 2020
About the Organisation
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education commonly abbreviated as IDIA is a non-profit organisation working in India, which was founded by Dr. Shamnad Basheer.
It aims to empower underprivileged children by giving them access to quality legal education. It is a student-run movement to train underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates.
About the Competition
The Pune Chapter of IDIA is conducting a pan-India Short Story Writing Competition called Spin-a-tale wherein the participants will have to weave a short story starting with the prompts provided and using the keywords mentioned within 800 words. The competition is open to everyone.
Participants can choose among the two prompts provided:
In our family, there is no clear line between dangerous experiments and exploding into a million pieces. On this particular afternoon, my father took it upon himself to shock a brain just enough to observe a change in behaviour and cognitive ability. The obvious downsides not considered, his next trial participant was me….
- A BLUE NOTEBOOK
My mother called. Again. And again. And again. This time I had to take it, I couldn’t delay it further. She had found a new boy for me. Word was that he was ‘that kind’ too. Mothers, they’re never satisfied till their kids are ‘settled’!….
- THE COLOUR PINK
LawOF www.lawof.in Provides information about various writing competitions for Law Students
- All the participants will be provided with an E-Certificate of participation.
- The winner and the runner up shall be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 1000/- respectively along with a certificate of merit.
- The winning stories shall also be published on the official IDIA Blog.
Students will have to register using the google form and the link for the same is:
For sole author: Rs 150/-
Co-Authors: Rs. 200/-
Refer to the rule book (rulebook link is here.) for the guidelines of submission, judging criteria etc.
- Commencement of Registration: 21st May 2020
- Registration Deadline: 31st May 2020 (11:59 PM)
- Last date for Submission of the story: 11th June 2020 (11:59 PM)
- Announcement of Results: 21st June 2020
E-mail ID: [email protected]
LawOF is the emerging portal for Law Students & Teachers