Seminar on Freedom
on Speech and Expression
@ Institute of Legal Studies, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
Submit by Feb 5
About the Institute
The Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla came into existence in July 1970 through Himachal Pradesh University Act, 1970. Though it does encompass the challenges and limitation of hill University, it nevertheless stands apart from the rest in academic accomplishments. It has a beautiful campus spread over 200 acres.
With the approval from the Himachal Pradesh Government, the UILS was established in 2005 by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla. The Institution has been striving for excellence since its inception in the field of legal education and to ensure ideal dissemination of excellent academic opportunities.
About the Seminar
HP University Institute of Legal Studies, Shimla is organising a Seminar on Freedom on Speech and Expression on 16th March 2020.
Conference Hall of University Institute of Legal Studies, Shimla-04.
The objective of this seminar is to understand each and every aspect of the theme including Right to Information. Accordingly, the net proceeds of the seminar would afford reasonable material to the organisers, participants to protect the present democratic set-up.
It will definitely provide a better platform for qualified dialogue to a panel of experts. This seminar will inculcate the presenters that how can they express their own ideas and what are the different reasonable restrictions placed on it.
- Scope of Article 19(1) (a) of constitution and reasonable restrictions.
- Recording and publishing court proceedings/public order.
- Parliamentary privileges.
- Contempt of Court.
- Sedition and article 19(2) of constitution.
- Dissent, Sloganeering, incitement to violence, Free Speech and Sedition.
- Defamation as Civil and Criminal remedies.
- Mistake as a defence to defamation proceedings.
- Govt. Surveillance of Social Media and privacy.
- Speech and Expression in Social Media under IT Act.
- Media trial and Right to Privacy.
- Freedom of Expression in Internet Age.
- Right to know vs Right against information.
- Issues and Challenges of Right to Information Act,2005.
- Any other co-related theme.
The submissions shall consist of an Abstract followed by objectives of the Paper, explanation of legal provisions, case laws related to the topic, empirical analysis (if empirical study is done), findings analysis which will be subject to anit-plagiarism check.
Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 05-02-2020
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: 15-02-2020
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Paper: 25-02-2020
Publication of the Paper
Selected Papers would be published in the form of a Book or maybe in the Peer-Reviewed Journal of the UILS after the Seminar.
Faculties/Professionals/Delegate : Rs. 1,500-00 (Co-Author): Rs. 1,000-00
Research Scholars/Students: Rs. 800-00 (Co-Author): Rs. 500-00
Note: Registration fees has to be paid on the spot only.
- Prof. (Dr.) Sanjay Sindhu: 94184-81797
- Dr. Seema Kashyap: 88942-45009
- Ms. Ritika Rana: 98820-63828
- Dr. Sandeep Kumar: 94181-23450
- Dr. Gitanjli Thapar: 98166-71001
- Dr. Suman Vimal: 94181-20449
- Dr. Vijay Chaudhary: 94597-95799