The 11th Edition of Government Law College Model United Nations (GLCMUN 2019) is scheduled to be held from 22nd – 24th March 2019 at Government Law College, Mumbai.
Register now in the Priority Round and avail a discount and preferential allotments ere ;
Model United Nations is an academic simulation of the United Nations wherein every participant represents a country and aims to ensure world peace through this platform. Our conferences over the past decade have seen delegates participate from all over the country and abroad. Government Law College Model United Nations is one of the oldest and most prestigious MUN conferences in the country;
The GLCMUN Society has been successfully simulating one of the biggest and largest MUN conferences for the past 10 years;
The previous edition, GLCMUN’18 ,was honoured by eminent personalities as Speakers and Chief Guests such as Former Supreme Court Judge, Justice Gyan Sudha Misra, Founder of Gateway House and former IFS officer, Mrs. Neelam Deo, Consul General of Iran, Mr. Ahmad Sadeghi, the Consul General of South Africa, ML Ramokgopa, and the National Spokesperson of AAP, Mr. Raghav Chadda, Consul Generals of Canada and Germany;
This 11th Edition, for GLCMUN 2019, we have chosen the theme as “A Global Mission for Peace and Human Rights”, furthering the mission of the Secretary General of the United Nations, Mr. Antonio Guterres who acknowledged and commended our efforts by sending us a message for the 11th Edition of GLCMUN ;
We also Collaborate with the Teach for India Foundation to inculcate in students from the TFI classrooms diplomacy and the concept of United Nations. We promote and support the UN Women’s HeForShe campaign;
N Security Council :
- The situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and review of the MONUSCO mandate.
- Maintenance of International Peace and Security: Non-proliferation of weapons of Mass Destruction.
Ukraine Nato Interparliamentary Council :
- Russian aggression against NATO allies
- Solution to the Ukranian conflict
United Nations General Assembly (DISEC) :
- Discussing the issues pertaining to the drafting of the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.
- Possibility of a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone in the Middle East
World Economic Forum :
- Strengthening the Public Private Partnerships to combat money laundering and financial crimes.
2. Advancement in the fourth Industrial revolution with emphasis on cyber security.
United Nations General Assembly (Legal):
- Safeguarding ocean space for present and future generations.
- Legitimacy of economic sanctions under international law.
United Nations Human Rights Council:
1. Human Rights of Civilians and Non Combatants in Conflict Zones with special reference to Women and Children.
2. Preparing for the Aftermath of Syrian Conflict.
1. Laws relating to Fugitive Economic Offenders.
2. Discussion on the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018.
The Priority Registration Fee is INR 1800. (To be Paid After Priority Round Closes);
The (Optional) Accommodation Fee is INR 4500 for 3 Nights at Astoria Hotel, Mumbai. (To be Paid After Priority Round Closes);
Last Date for Priority Round Registration: 23rd January 2019 ;
Awards : Over INR 1 Lakh;
Renowned for its unmatched hospitality, unparalleled cuisine, and a consummate level of debate in the heart of the City of Dreams, we hope to have the pleasure to host you this March in Mumbai;
Contact us: + 91 7666076606/ 9820221927/ 8194856662/ 9167984094
Write to us: [email protected]
Disclaimer: terms and conditions apply