Online Internship Opportunity
@ Legal Department, Securities & Exchange Board of India [SEBI]:
Apply by May 25
Online Internship for Law Students 2020
About The Securities and Exchange Board of India [SEBI]
The Securities and Exchange Board of India [SEBI] is the regulator for the securities market in India owned by the Government of India. It was established in 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
About the Internship
In view of the advisory issued by the Government announcing complete ban/partial lock-down on account of COVID-19, the internship program in the Legal Department of SEBI scheduled to commence in April 2020 shall now commence from June 2020.
The applicant shall make himself/herself available through an online medium such as video-conferencing and teleconferencing at all times during the working hours on weekdays.
If an applicant persistently fails to be available without any reasonable explanation or discontinues the program midway, their Law School/University shall be informed of the same and the applicant shall not be considered for future internships with SEBI
Who can Apply
- The applicant shall be a student of a Law School/University recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- The applicant should have completed at least 3 years of the 5-year LLB course or 2 years of the 3-year LLB course.
- Students pursuing LLM course are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA in the previous semester results.
Duration of Internship
The tenure of internship shall not be less than four weeks.
- The applicant may send an individual application to the designated e-mail.
- The applicant shall mandatorily mark the email to their Head of the Department or the Course Coordinator.
- The applications for internship shall be sent to the following e-mail address:[email protected]
- The curriculum vitae (CV) of each applicant shall be not more than 2 pages with the current contact details.
- The applicant and the Head of the Department or the Course Coordinator of the respective Law School/University shall be intimated about the applicant/s who would be required to join the internship program.
LawOF www.lawof.in Provides information about Online Internships for Law Students
- Applications shall be e-mailed to SEBI within the first week (1st-7th) of every quarter for internship commencing in the next quarter.
- No application shall be considered beyond the application window.
- The application window for internship for June 2020 is kept open till May 25, 2020.
LawOF is the emerging portal for Law Students & Teachers