NUJS’ 6th Edition of SACJ Annual Essay Writing Competition.
[ Prize Worth Rs. 1L].
Submit by Sep 15.
About the Organizer
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is an autonomous law university established in 1999, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It is in Salt Lake City of Kolkata, West Bengal, India. The university offers a five-year integrated B.A./BSc
Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice (SACJ) is a student-run society primarily focusing on issues of criminal law.
About the Competition
NUJS SACJ is organising the 6th Edition of Annual Essay Writing Competition.
This competition is aimed to provide a platform to the law school community to express views and get their opinion heard about contemporary happenings in the field of Criminal Law.
The participants are required to write an essay on one of the following topics:
- The interface of Personal Laws with Criminal Law
- Crimes by Juveniles- Heinousness, Acceptability and Age of Adulthood
- National Security and Natural Justice in the Light of Military Over-reach
Best 3 Essays shall be awarded prize money worth Rs. 1,00,00. Top 20 Participants shall be awarded Merit Certificates while every participant shall be awarded Participation Certificate.
This Competition is open for all the law students across all the batches of every college and university in the law school circuit. The Essays can be written by a maximum number of 3 Co-authors. Essays with more than 3 co-authors will be disqualified.
- Rs. 500 for a Single Author
- Rs. 600 for 2 Co-authors
- Rs. 750 for 3 Co-authors.
The essays must range between the word limit of 3000-8000 words. Participants not adhering to the word limit will be marked negatively. The Essays are strictly meant to be an original work of authors/co-authors. Plagiarized essays will be disqualified.
The essays submitted shall be in blind coded formats, i.e. authors shall not reveal their names or colleges in any part of the essay. Participants disclosing their identities in essays shall be disqualified.
The Essays Submitted will be marked by judges by using the objective parameters as follows
- Knowledge of the Law
- Quality of Research Done
- Structure of the Essay
- Content of the Essay
- Language and Analysis
The registration form is here.
The Registration fee for the Competition has been specified above.
The Payment Methods are as follows
- Google Pay (Only through Bank Transfer. Account Number, IFSC, Recipient Name is given below)
- Direct Account Transfer (DBT)
Bank Account Number to which payment is to be made is 520101247040645
Bank Name: Corporation Bank
Branch Name: NUJS Branch
IFSC Code: CORP0000663
Name of Account Holder: The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice
- When paying via Google Pay, please pay only through Bank Transfer option available in ‘Start a Payment’ section of Google Pay. Participants shall not pay to any phone numbers provided below. Not adhering to this rule will result in disqualification.
- After making the payment, all the participants are required to fill in the Google Form, the link of which has been attached below. Correct Transaction ID must be filled. If the essay is being written by only 1 author, then NA must be written in Names of Co-authors column.
- After filling the Google form, all participants must email to [email protected]with the subject ‘Confirmation of Payment for Essay Competition’.
- In the body of the mail, the Names of all authors, Names of College/University, Year of Study must be mentioned along with the confirmation that you have paid the registration fees. It’ll be better if ‘Screenshot’ confirming the payment is attached to the mail.
The last date of submitting the essays is 15th October 2019. No submissions will be entertained after that date.
You can also contact any of the following:
- Subhlakshmi Hota (96743 22551)
- Nomaan Shafi (70061 48151)
- Anshul Dalmia ( 87671 83025)
- Deepanshu Agarwal (81605 23911)