National Seminar on “SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LAW PROFESSIONAL” organized by JRTC Intern in association with iPleaders [April 20, Delhi]: Register by April 18.
JRTC Intern in association with iPleaders will be inaugurating its Seminar and Panel discussion series on Saturday, April 20, 2019 (10:30 AM to 02:00 PM) by organizing a National Seminar on the topic “SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LAW PROFESSIONAL”.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice K.G. Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India will preside over the Seminar as the Chief Guest & Key Note Speaker and Dr. Adish C Agarwalla, Senior Advocate, President International Council of Jurists will be the Guest of Honour.
The discussion pertaining to Skills required to be a successful Law-professional in the seminar shall be four folded viz.
- Judiciary (including PIL)
All the student, researchers, and faculties are invited to attend the seminar, which will be followed by High Tea.
Date of the Seminar: Saturday, April 20, 2019
Last date to Register: Thursday, April 18, 2019
The seminar shall be comprised of two sessions viz.
- Inaugural Session (10:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Discussion Session (including open floor discussion) (12:15 PM to 02:00 PM)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
JRTC Intern is subsidiary of JRTC Consultancy which is incorporated as a Private Limited Company and is recognized as a startup by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotions, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India JRTC intends to create a win-win scenario for both the students as well as firms by its initiative through GENERAL LAW INTERNSHIPS TEST (GLIT).
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
This seminar is a 3-4 hours event being curated by JRTC Intern in association with iPleaders, with an audience of about 200 in the Auditorium of Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi. Our goal is to bring together bright minds to give talks that are idea-focused, and on a wide range of subjects, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter. The proposed one-day National Seminar on “LEGAL SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LAW PROFESSIONAL” is to be organized by JRTC Intern in association with iPleaders. The seminar is intended to impart and highlight the significance and importance of legal skills to become a successful law graduate.
Legal education is in fact a multi-disciplined, multi-use arena of education, which can highly develop the human resources and idealism needed to strengthen the legal system. A law graduate, an artifact of such education would be able to contribute to national advancement and social change in a much more constructive and better manner. Law is out looked not simply as an appliance of social control, but also as an instrument of social change.
Legal skills are generally a deserted area in most of the law schools. The need for fostering a culture of skills development in the legal discipline is impending. Recent times have witnessed a lack of skill and competence in this area leading to the deterioration in quality of the work. Legal Skills are of utmost importance given that it is most important in policy decisions, practicing in the court of law defending a case, judicial pronouncements and other reforms. The lawyers using research for various purposes realize that they are lacking in skills especially at advanced levels of collection and analysis of data.
Through this Seminar, one can acquire and learn one of the most essentials key that a legal professional must have – Skill Sets. This seminar will edify you the critical rules and principles of developing the legal skills required to become successful law graduates, hence, a successful law professional.
Interested people are required to Register here
For Students: 350/- INR
For Professionals: 500/- INR
Please be informed, due to limited seats, we will be accepting only 200 applications on the first come, first serve basis. Selected people will duly receive invitation cum entry pass & other necessary details by April 19, 2019 (05:00 PM)
Confirmed Guests as of now are:
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice K.G Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India
- Dr. Adish C Aggarwala, Senior Advocate, President, International Council of Jurists
- Ms. Geeta Luthra, Senior Advocate, High Court of Delhi
- Mr. Ashwini Upadhyay Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Mr. Vivek Narayan Sharma, Joint Secretary, Supreme Court Advocates on Record Association
- Ms. Shreya Seth, Associate, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- Prof. (Dr.) Ashish Verma, Assistant Professor, UPES Dehradun
- Mr. Shehzad Poonawalla, Advocate, Anchor and Presenter.
Perks to the participants
- Certificate of merit and participation in the seminar.
- Seminar kit.
- Rs. 1000/- discount vouchers on ipleaders courses.
- Certificate course on CV writing from LawSikho.
- 50% discount on BASIC GLIT to get internship opportunities.
- 25% off vouchers for publication in International Journal of Law Management & Humanities [ISSN 2581-5369] Indexed journal with impact factor of 2.008.
The Indian Society Of International Law, Bhagwan Das Road V.K. Krishna Menon Bhawan, 9, New Delhi, Delhi 110001.
For any clarification or assistance, you can reach
- Mr. Deepak Khandelwal, Event Coordinator and Chief Marketing Officer (Legal), JRTC Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91- 8651718126.
- Mr. Pratyush Singh, Chief Operating Officer, JRTC Intern: +91 +91 9911139696