National Seminar on “Human Rights Education” @ Deptt. of Law, HPU Shimla on 11th May 2018.
- For Faculty members/Advocates/others: Rs 1000
- For Research Scholars/Students: Rs 500
Objectives of Human Rights Education (HRE):
1. To assess the role of Human Rights Education in enhancing the knowledge and understanding of Human Rights and laws.
2. To analyse various ideological, psychological, political and sociological
approach in dissemination of Human Rights Education.
3. To discuss legal, political and other co-related issues to build universal
culture for HRE.
4. To evaluate how HRE is concerned and empowers the victim(s) of abuse
Call for Paper on Sub-themes of HRE(limit: 4000 words) to be submitted before or on 4th May,2018.
Sub-themes of the Seminar:
- Conceptual Evolution of HRE through various Declarations/Conventions
- Role of HRE to respect, protect and promote the HRs
- HRE and Right to Education
- HRE and Religious & Cultural Rights
- Impact of HRE on Social, Cultural and Economic developments
- HRE as a tool in managing diversity
- HRE as unifying moral force for U CC
- HRE & Fundamental Freedoms
- HRE & Gender Equality
- Dispensation of HRE to effectively combat the existing ills of extremism,terrorism and violence
- Responsibility of Government to promote HRE
- HRE & National Education Curricula
- HRE & Good Governance
- Invisible components of HRE
- Stakeholders in HRE
- HRE as a starting point for Formulation of Holistic and Coherent Laws
- Role of HRE in tackling current global challenges
- Good HRE practices and innovative tactics to achieve SDG`s
- Indicators of HRE impact
- HRE as a promoter of Gender Justice with special reference to women victims
- HRE & Problems of Refugees
- HRE & Professional Ethics
DEADLINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF THE PAPER
Participants are requested to submit full paper (4000 words) along with their abstract on or before 04 May, 2018 through email on the id: firstname.lastname@example.org . The manuscripts will be reviewed by review panel.
The decision of the reviewers will be final and binding.
The decision of the reviewers on the acceptability of the paper will be intimated by 06 May, 2018 through email only.
The hard copies may be sent to: Dr. Runa Thakur, Department of Law, Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla, H.P. – 171005.
The schedule will be strictly followed. The organizers will not be able to entertain any requests for extension of the deadlines.
The details of the Seminar are also available on the Himachal Pradesh University Website:CLICK HERE
For Full Notification, CLICK HERE
To be issued to all Participants_
Office: 01772830935, 01772833880, 01772833891
Mobile(s): Dr. Runa Mehta Thakur (9418119328),
Dr. Sasha C. Kanwar (9418148873),
Hospitality: Rohit Sharma (9817279123), Nidhi Sharma (7018395821),
Harish Kumar (9459051039), Harjapn Kaur (86288-85951),
Neha Sharma (9817315000).