National Seminar on Gender Justice
@ Gauhati University, Guwahati [March 28-29]:
Submit by March 20
About the Organiser
The P.G. Department of Law, Gauhati University established in the year 1976 is the premier centre for advanced legal studies and research in North-Eat India. It is the oldest law centre having a Masters Degree as well as a Ph.D. course. It has contributed significantly to the growth of legal education in the region and beyond. The main objective of the department is to facilitate the students with research skills and to strengthen their zeal to propagate the Rule of Law and reinforce the Administration of Justice.
About the Seminar
Gender parity is indispensable for development. Gender justice mirrors the index of progress and development of a country; whereas gender discrimination stands as a barrier to any society. a world where all are valued equally is a desideratum. Equal and dignified participation in every sphere of life is a sine qua non for the progress of a democratic society.
A just social order calls for an effective and strategic implementation and enforcement of policies in an ambience embedded inequity and rule of law. The exercise through the national seminar aims to provide a platform for different stakeholders of the society comprised of diverse cultural traits to discuss the issues and to explore viable steps for promoting gender justice, twenty-five years into the Beijing Declaration.
GENDER JUSTICE: TRANSGRESSION TO TRANSITION
- Feminism and Gender Justice
- Gender Justice through Legisprudence
- Jurimetrics and Gender Equity
- Gender Justice and State responsibility
- Gender-based violence
- Indecent Representation of Women
- Gender and Mass Media
- Health and Reproductive Rights of Women
- Gender Equations and Information Technology
- Shift in Gender Justice
- Pragmatic Generational Equality
Original papers on the above-mentioned sub-themes are only indicative and not exhaustive; the paper may be on any other topic related to the Sub-Theme.
P.G. Department of Law, Gauhati University
G.N.B. Nagar, Jalukbari, Guwahati-781014, Assam, India
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words and the full paper including tables, illustrations, references, etc. should be within 3000-5000 words. b.
- It should include the title of the paper, 3-5 keywords (in case of Abstract only), presenter’s name(s), co-author (if any) designation, institutional affiliation, e-mail and contact number(s).
- The abstract and the full Paper should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
- The references should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. The margin should be I inch (2.54 cm) on all sides.
- Mode of Reference: APA 7th Edition
- The abstract and full paper should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Abstract – Author name” or “Full paper -Author name, as the case may be.
- All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
- Last date for submission of abstracts: 20th March 2020
- Intimation of acceptance of abstracts: Within 21st March, 2020
- Opening date of registration: 22nd March, 2020
- Last date for submission of full paper: 25th March 2020
- Seminar Dates: 28th & 29th March, 2020