National Seminar on Emerging Contours of Defence Laws and National Security
@ UILS, Chandigarh [Oct 12]: Submit by Sept 12.
About the Organizer
Established in 1882 in Lahore, Panjab University is one of the oldest Universities in India. University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established in 2004-05 with the aim of providing quality education and training in the legal profession.
About the Seminar
UILS is organising a National Seminar on Emerging Contours of Defence Laws and National Security: Issues and Challenges on 12th October.
Recent global events have complicated an already complex global defence environment. Post the World wars, many nations faced common threats to their stability as well as internal security and due to the persistence of this common threat, a number of nations started strategizing their defence resources to cooperate with each other implicitly considering the imperative fact that defence has always remained a very crucial element of every nation’s strength and stability.
The Seminar, though not restricted to will provide a platform to deliberate and purpose suggestions on the following issues:
- Defence in India: Legal and Constitutional Perspective
- Division of Defence Power between Centre and States
- National Security vis-a-vis Internal Security
- Human Rights during Armed Conflicts: Applicability, Violations and Redressal
- Humanitarian Laws: Emergence and Development
- Cyber Security and Cyber Terrorism
- Terrorism, Counter Terrorism and Psychological Warfare
- Defence Research and Development Organisation: Operation and Scope
- International Power Relations and Trade Regimes
- Scientific Developments and Defence Sector
- The Artificial Intelligence Architecture
- Naxal Movement: Challenges and Threats
- Current Situation in Jammu & Kashmir and its Implications
- Radicalisation: Various Issues and Challenges
- Maritime and Nuclear Security: Challenges and Policy Options
- Defence Personnel: Socio-Economic, Psychological Perspectives and Implied Issues
- Defence Budget: Composition, Structure and Rationale
- Public Sector and Defence Industry
- Economics of Global Defence Industry
- Foreign Policy, Trade, Economic Initiatives, Military Power and Alliances
- Foreign Investment in Defence Sector
Note: Any other themes connected/related to the above issues are open to being deliberated upon.
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students on the issues related to the theme. Authors of the selected abstracts will be given an opportunity to present their papers during the seminar.
Full papers submitted on or before the last date of submission shall be considered for publication. The quality based selected papers will be published in the form of a Book bearing ISBN.
Delegates are requested to adhere to the following guidelines to facilitate the submission process.
Authors are requested to send an abstract of about 200-300 words as an attachment in MS word format along with Registration Form (attached below) to defenceseminaruilspu[at]gmail.com latest by 15th September 2019 with the following information:
- Names of the Author(s)
- Designation and Institutional Affiliation
- Contact Address and Email Id
- Title of the Research Paper
Selected abstracts will be acknowledged by 23rd September 2019 on provided E-mail address.
Full-Length Paper Submission: Authors are requested to send their full papers to [email protected] latest by 1st October 2019.
Registration Fee for the Delegates
- Faculty Members, Academicians and Professionals: Rs. 1500/-
- PhD Research Scholars: Rs. 1000/-
- Co-Authors: Rs. 750/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Abstract Submission: 15th September 2019
- Submission of Full Paper: 1st October 2019
- Registration Fee: 04th October 2019 (Through Demand Draft) and 11th October 2019 (Cash Payment)
- Seminar Day: 12th October 2019
Mode of Payment
The registration fee should be deposited in the form of demand draft made in the favour of DIRECTOR, UILS, PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH on or before 04th October 2019. However, cash payment shall also be accepted latest by 11th October 2019 at UILS office
- Ms. Shikha Dhiman +91 7888567980
- Ms. Alka +91 9518164294
- Dr. Inderjeet +91 9417694116
- Shubham Gupta (9878942316)
- Shlok Dalal (9530909806)
- Uditi Mittal (9592550077)
- Dheerja Kalra (7009465401)
- Nidhi Sharma (9988908205)