National Online Moot Court Competition, 2019
[29 and 31 August].
Register by July 20
RostrumLegal is going to organise the First National Online Moot Court Competition, 2019. The theme of this edition of the competition is based on ‘Consumer Law’. The competition seeks to promote research and creative thinking among law students. The teams participating in the competition are expected to draft memorial from the complainant side on the basis and argue based on the memorial drafted. The entire competition is online and the participants are required to make the case presentation via video conferencing. The National Online Moot Court Competition is first of it’s kind and is being organized by RostrumLegal for the first time in India.
Awards & Prizes
- Winner: INR 20,000/- (Cash Prize of Rupees Twenty Thousand)
- Best Speaker: INR 15,000/- (Cash Prize of Rupees Fifteen Thousand)
- Best Researcher: INR 15,000/- (Cash Prize of Rupees Ten Thousand)
- All the registered participants (who submit their memorials by the due date and present their case) will receive RostrumLegal Gift Voucher worth Rs. 5000 each.
- All the registered participants (who submit their memorials by the due date and present their case) will receive a certificate of participation which will be sent to them by post.
“Online” means controlled by or connected to a computer with the help of internet.
“Organizers” means the Moot Court Committee and members of Organizing Committee for the RostrumLegal National Online Moot Court Competition.
“Participating Team” means the team, which has registered itself for the competition.
“Participants” means the speakers and the researcher of the Participating Team.
- All the rules are only inclusive and not exhaustive for the competition.
- Rules should be strictly adhered to. Any deviation there from would attract disqualification or other penalties mentioned subsequently.
- All decisions by the Organizers in case of any disputes/ doubts etc. will be final.
- Imposition of penalties including disqualification rests solely with the Organizers in case of failure to comply with the rule(s) and deadline(s).
“Video Conference” means a live, visual connection between two or more people residing in separate locations for the purpose of communication.
“Web Camera” means a camera that records moving pictures and sound and allows these to be broadcast on the internet as they happen
The dress code for the competition shall be formals or business casual for both male and female participants.
The official working language of the Competition shall be English.
Undergraduate students pursuing three- or five-year courses of LL.B. degree from any Law School/College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
One team, comprising of a maximum of two (2) members, per team, shall be eligible to participate in the Competition, subject to completion of Registration formalities.
More than one team can participate from the same institution, subject to completion of Registration formalities.
From a team of two persons, one can appear to present the case. The other person shall be the researcher.
Each team should prepare one Memorial from the side of complainant only.
Participants are allowed to create a team of students studying in two different law school/college/university.
IDENTIFICATION OF PARTICIPATING TEAM
Each team will have a team code and each participant shall be given an individual code.
Teams shall not disclose their identity or that of their institution or city, etc. except in registration form. Any such disclosure shall invite strict penalty, which may include disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the sole discretion of the Organizing Committee.
The team codes will be generated randomly and by no means the team codes will interpret the number of teams participating.
Teams must confirm their participation by filling up the online Registration Form completely available at here by July 20th, 2019.
The number of Participating Teams shall be restricted to 50.
Every Participating Team will be allotted a team code which will be communicated in due time via email.
In case of any changes in the team composition, in terms of the members, the same must be officially conveyed to the Organizers in due time.
The Registration Fee for the competition is INR 3,500/- (Rupees Three Thousand Five Hundred Only) which can be paid online at the official website. for website click here
Ph- +91 9844035831
or 080 41514788 (Monday to Friday: 10:00 am to 08:00 pm)
Email: [email protected]
for moot proposition and rule and regulations click here
for Website click here