National Moot Court Competition 2020
@ AURO University, Surat
[Feb 28-Mar 1]:
Register by Jan 25
About Auro University
AURO University, formerly AURO University of Hospitality and Management, is a private university located at Surat, Gujarat, India. It was established in 2011 through The Gujarat Private Universities Act, 2011. The School of Law, established in the year 2012.
About the Moot
The Moot Court Committee namely, AURO Litigiosus Committee (ALC) of School of Law, AURO University, Surat is organising its 6th AURO National Moot Court Competition, 2020 to be held on 28th, 29th February and 1st March 2020.
VENUE: AURO University, Surat, Gujarat.
About the Moot Problem:
This year the problem is related to the practicalities of Autonomous Vehicles. The spurt in the growth of technology has made communication both more convenient as well as complex. They, therefore invite law students from across the country to engage in the first-ever moot competition on the topic of ‘Regulation of Autonomous Vehicles’.
Although India is yet to encounter this disruptive technology, the R&D in advanced economies has long begun and is proliferating exponentially every day. Given this, it doesn’t seem far-fetched to imagine an extensive use of such vehicles on the Indian streets in the coming years.
AURO University has an aim to provide an opportunity for students to gear up for the cause and be prepared for the occasion when it arises. We look forward to welcoming you to the Diamond City in the year 2020 for the Moot Court Competition and hereby invite you to participate.
All students enrolled in a 3-year LLB Programme or a 5-year integrated LLB Programme shall be eligible to participate in the 6th AURO National Moot Court Competition. However, only one team per university/institution shall be eligible to participate.
The Team Composition of comprising of either 2 Speakers & 1 Researcher or 2 Speakers.
- Each Team must register by filling up the Registration Form and by paying the registration fee.
- Each Team shall complete such registration on or before 25 January 2020 (11:59 P.M.). 3.1.3. Each Team is required to send a bonafide letter issued by the appropriate authority of their College/Institution/University/ along with the duly filled Registration Form.
- Once a Team registers by completing the formalities given in Rules 3.1 – 3.3 of the Rules of the Competition, a code (hereinafter “Team Code”) shall be assigned to the Teams.
- Any changes in the contact details of Team members must be notified to the OC at the earliest. This obligation to inform shall continue throughout the course of the Competition unless such a Team withdraws or is disqualified from the Competition.
- Hardcopy of the Registration Form has to post along with the hardcopy of the written submissions.
The registration fee is INR 5,000/- per Team. Participating teams may make payment by way of RTGS/NEFT.
Mode of Payment
Procedure for payment of Registration: Fees have to be paid by way of RTGS/NEFT in Kotak Mahindra Bank.
The details are as follows: Kotak Mahindra Bank K.G. Point, Ghod Dod Road, Surat – 395007
- Account Number: 5013630770
- IFS Code: KKBK0000871
- MICR Code: 395485002
- Swift Code: KKBKINBB
Note: A copy of the reference number should be emailed to email@example.com
|Date of registration||5th January 2020|
|Deadline for clarification submission from the teams||24th January 2020|
|Declaration of clarifications||27th January 2020|
|Memorial submission (Soft Copy)||10th February 2020|
|Memorial submission (Hard Copy)||15th February 2020|
|Hard Copy of the registration form||15th February 2020|
|Researcher’s Test||28th February 2020|
Krishna Sharma, ALC Convenor: 8698937806
Sahil Charniya, ALC Co-Convenor: 9892421405
Urmil Shah: ALC Secretary: 7802999402