National Conference on Framework on Chemical and Hazardous Waste @ NLSIU, Bengaluru [Nov 28-29]: Register by Nov 20
About the Organiser
The National Law School of India University is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India.
Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), established in 1997 is a benefactor of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF), Government of Karnataka, the Bar and the Bench in India and abroad.
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change is the nodal agency in the administrative structure of the Central Government for the planning, promotion, co-ordination and overseeing the implementation of India’s environmental and forestry policies and programmes.
About the Workshop
NLSIU, CEERA and MOEF are organising a two-day National Workshop on ‘The Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Framework on Chemical and Hazardous Waste in India’ on 29th and 30th November.
NLSIU Campus, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
The Workshop will cover deliberations on the following topics:
- Chemical Industries in India: A Sectoral Analysis
- Legal, Policy and Regulatory Framework on Chemicals in India
- International MEA’s on Waste Management and India
- Issues and Challenges in C&W management, handling and regulation in India
- Role of the multiple stakeholders in C&W management and handling in India
- Developing a Framework for better implementation and compliance of C&W regulations in India
Who may attend the workshop
- Members and Officers of the Central Pollution Control Board and the State Pollution Control Board
- Officials and employees of Hazardous Waste Management Companies
- Officials and employees of chemical companies dealing with pharmaceuticals, textile, paper, paint, soap, dyes, detergent, bulk drugs, insecticides, pesticides, fertilisers, oil refineries, ink and printing inks etc.
- Importers and exporters of chemicals
- Members, office bearers and employees of Municipalities
- Academicians and students of law, chemical engineering and environmental engineering or any other discipline
Registration and Fee Details
Non-residential: Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only)
Residential (Subject to availability)
- Single Occupancy: Rs. 12,000/- + INR 2160 (GST@ 18%) =INR 14,160/- (Rupees Fourteen Thousand One Hundred and Sixty only)
- Twin-Sharing Occupancy: Rs. 9000/- + INR 1620 (GST@18%) = INR 10,620/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Six Hundred and Twenty only)
- Registration Fees may be paid by NEFT/RTGS/IMPS/Demand Draft in favour of DIRECTOR NLSIU SCHEMES AND PROJECTS, payable at Bengaluru along with the Registration Form attached.
- Upon remittance of Registration Fees, the participant(s) shall send the Transaction Details along with a duly filled Registration Form to Ms. Susheela on email@example.com.
- The registration fee covers the following: Admission to all sessions, reading material, Tea/Coffee and lunch. Breakfast and Dinner shall be provided only to Residential Participants.
Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees: November 20, 2019
Date of Workshop:
November 29-30, 2019
Ms. Susheela Suresh, Secretary, CEERA, NLSIU