Model Youth United Nations Conference @ Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University on 26-27 August 2016.
FOR YOUR KIND REFERENCE, SHORT DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS:
First Edition of the Model Youth United Nations Conference at its Seedling School of Law and Governance will be held on 26-27 August 2016.
Agenda for the three bodies
- UN General Assembly
- International Situation:
- Report of the UN Secretary-General for the period 2015-2016
- An overview of situations likely to endanger international peace and security.
- Draft Convention on International Terrorism
- Eradication of poverty and other development issues:
- Implementation of the Second United Nations Decade for the Eradication of Poverty (2008-2017);
- Women in development;
- Human resources development.
- Sustainable development:
- Implementation of Agenda 21, and the outcomes of the World Summit on Sustainable Development and of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development;
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction
- Protection of global climate for present and future generations of humankind.
- UN Human Rights Council
- The continuing grave deterioration in the human rights and humanitarian situation in the Syrian Arab Republic;
- Use of remotely piloted aircraft or armed drones in counter-terrorism and military operations;
- The right of persons with disabilities and equality of opportunity;
- Possibility of international regulation, monitoring and oversight of the activities of private military and security companies n armed conflict.
- UN Security Council
- Consideration of situations likely to endanger international peace and security: Focus; Syria, Refugees, Humanitarian Assistance;
- Situation in Libya, Yemen and ;
- Threats posed by Da’esh, Boko Haram, al-Shabaab, ISIS and other terrorist groups;
- The role of women in conflict prevention and resolution.
THE EVENT WILL BE OPEN TO BASICALLY STUDENTS OF POLITICAL SCIENCE, LAW, ECONOMICS AND HISTORY BACKGROUNDs.
Student Convenor, Event and Cultural Committee
Seedling School of Law and Governance
Jaipur National University
Contact No.- +91-8504937720
DISCLAIMER: The Contents of this Website are informative only and for the benefit of the general public. Even though every care has been taken to ensure the correctness of information and procedure, the www.lawof.in is not responsible for any inadvertent errors and the same may please be brought to the notice through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org