LawOF Presents Moot Court Society Interview
Kriti Bhatia,Student,JNU Jaipur.
(Best Campus Senator @Lawof)
- About yourself?
Ans. I am Prashant Tripathi, Former Convenor, Moot Court Committee.
- About your college?
Ans. Seedling School of Law & Governance, Jaipur National University, Jaipur.
- About moot court society?
Ans. Moot Court Committee plays an integral role in organizing various International, national, intra-moot and subject moots. It also connects all the students and provide them information related to any upcoming events. Organising debates, selecting teams and helping them in preparation of their moot court memorials are other functions of committee.
- How many members are there?
Ans. 1 Convenor + 30 members. Number of members keep on changing every year.
- What is the selection process?
Ans. The interested candidates are required to apply in writing to the Faculty Convenor. Candidates are shortlisted and then a final round of selection process takes place in which students have to face an interview.
- How many moot court events are conducted by your society till now?
Ans. 5 International Moot Court Competitions and 8 Intra-moot Court competitions.
- What are your greatest achievements in any national or international moots?
Ans. As a participant I achieved the following awards:
- Winner, 1st Best Student Advocate Award, 6th Nyayavalokan National Trial Advocacy & Judgment Writing Competition-2015, Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai [October, 2015].
- Winner, 1st Best Memorial Award, Surana & Surana National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition & Judgment Writing Competition- 2015 [ North Round], National Law Institute University, Bhopal [ September, 2015].
- Winner, 1st Dr. Swati Bhati Moot Court Competition, Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jodhpur [August, 2014].
- Winner, Best Memorial Award, 1st Dr. Swati Bhati Moot Court Competition, Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jodhpur [August, 2014].
- Winner, Best Memorial Award in 2nd Amity National Moot Court Competition, Amity University, Rajasthan [March, 2014].
- Does the college provide reimbursement for the event attended?
- What is your strategy to promote the event at larger level?
Ans. Uploading event on social media and other promotional websites help a lot.
- Is there any upcoming event?
Ans. Yes, the committee will be organizing its flagship International Moot Court Competition either in August or in October.
I extend my sincere regards to LawOf team who always have helped me in promoting the Prof (Dr.) V. S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition organized by our team in the month of October, 2016. Thank you very much Sir.