Justice Shah Muhammad Sulaiman Essay Writing Competition by Unity PG and Law College
:[Prize -worth 5k +Internship]
Register by Aug 17
Unity PG and Law College in collaboration with Lawconer.in and Max Law Firm are organising Justice Shah Muhammad Sulaiman National Essay Writing Competition.
- Constitutional Law & its challenges
- Judicial Activism
- Prison Administration
- Juvenile Homes –A study with Constitutional Perspective
- Hate Speech
- Mercy Petition
- Equality and exploitation with children in today’s context
- Speech and expression and defamation with reference to Indian constitution
- Due process of law in the present Indian context
- Rule of Law and the Indian Judiciary-A multidimensional study
- Criminalisation of politics
- Organised crime and its role and relevance
- Viability of constitutional amendments
- The Doctrine of eminent domain and the role of state
- Police atrocities and the Indian Constitution
- Collective Violence- A constitutional study
- The role of PIL in shaping the constitutional machinery of State
- Triple Talaq and the Indian Constitution-Applicability, Relevance and Scope
- Judicial Accountability –An Analysis
- Right to Vote with free will is it possible? The role of Evm’s, Ballot Paper in today’s scenario whether it is feasible or not?
Students enrolled in a 5 year integrated undergraduate Law programme or a 3-year LLB program recognized by the Bar Council of India and Non-Law Student who are pursuing an Undergraduate or Postgraduate programme from a recognized University.
- The Article must be submitted in English only, not exceeding 2000 words (footnotes are not mandatory).
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-Authorship up to two members allowed.
- The article should be the original work of the authors. The article published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere or plagiarism beyond 30 % will lead to disqualification.
- The fee paid for the competition is non-refundable.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel/disqualify any of the entry if found in violation of the guidelines for Submission.
- In all matters related to the Essay Competition, the decision of the Panel and Unity PG and Law College, Lucknow shall be final and conclusive.
- Name of the participants should be written on a cover page attached with the Essay containing college name and semester of the participant.
- The soft copy of the essay must be emailed to administrators one in Ms Word.doc/.docx format and one in PDF at email@example.com with the subject. “Justice Shah Muhammad Sulaiman National Essay Competition.”
- The body of the e-mail must specify the Name, E-mail id, Contact number and name of the College/University along with the year and semester of the Participant.
- The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author.
Registration procedure and fee details
Mode of payment
Note: Participants are required to send the screenshot of their payment along with the registration format firstname.lastname@example.org.
Single Author: Rs. 200/-
Co-Authors: Rs. 300/-
- The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the “Winner” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 2500 along with the Certificate of Excellence and an unpaid internship opportunity at Max Law Firm, Lucknow, for a term of 15 days.
- The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared as the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 1500 along with the Certificate of Excellence and an unpaid internship opportunity at Max Law Firm, Lucknow for a term of 15 days.
- The author with the third highest score in an essay will be declared as the “2nd Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 1000 along with the Certificate of Excellence and an unpaid internship opportunity at Max Law Firm, Lucknow, for a term of 15 days.
- The articles of the top five winners will be published at the official website of Law Corner, here.
- Participation certificate in Essay Competition shall be awarded, via email, to all participants upon the successful submission of Essay.
- Release of Competition: 04th July 2019
- Last Date of Registration: 17th August 2019
- Last Date of Submission: 28th August 2019
- Declaration of Result: 5th September 2019
About the Committee:
Faculty Convener: Mr. Khurshid Jameel (7905222720)
Faculty Co-Convener: Mr. Md. Wali Iftikhar (9919834698)
Syed Zainul Rizvi (Convener): 9889590947, 7985869970
Osama Qamar Siddiqui (Co-Convener): 7309826146
Zoya Husain (Co-Convener): 6386052026
For the registration form and full details , click here